• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Post guys post... :wa

Most of us that  are already subscribers. :rofl3

Just means we need to get the new members to : :blahblah

Thought of the evening:  It is difficult to take photos of my goldfish, because they move *really* fast. I always thought goldfish spent more time sort of slowly sailing around.

And they're off! Ghost is in the lead, closely followed by Lotus, next is Clownie, & bringing up the rear is Rainbow.

FastFishJune18_4240_zps6cndug2q.jpg

• Admin

Try turning off your lights and just have theres on.... then dont stand to close to the tank... and no flash :)

Thanks, Koko! That's what I am doing, though - I think the main problem is my camera is pretty old (14 year old digital), & it's great for still shots, but lousy for action. There's even a delay from when I push the button & the shutter actually clicks. So *any* movement, & it's blurry. Oh well, another advantage of digital cameras is, one can just fire off endless shots until something turns out.  :)

So, I have a Sony Cybershot DSCS75 - what are some other folks here taking fish pics with?

The goldfish have already figured out that "the one who feeds" now approaches from the side, rather than from the top of their enclosure. They can splash a LOT when I open the tank lid to drop food pellets in.

Could anyone please tell me what those cute little picture icons at the bottom of some members posts. Are they stripes that we earn as we go along? Eg koko has a lot of them but Haley has only a few and I have none. Ta

• Admin

Could anyone please tell me what those cute little picture icons at the bottom of some members posts. Are they stripes that we earn as we go along? Eg koko has a lot of them but Haley has only a few and I have none. Ta

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/Medals.html

Happy little fish faces today - there was a little chasing yesterday, Clownie messing with Lotus, but off & on, & they seem to have worked out whatever it was. Nobody else got involved.

Hope your QT fish are doing OK, goldfishfanforever. 

I'm watching Ghost's upper caudal fin healing up from the split he got a couple of weeks ago, & it's healing rapidly, plus the healed part is regaining color; only a little bit more to go.

I was surprised how quickly certain fins can heal while others seem to take forever! I guess that's the difference between just an injury and something more fin-rotty :-/ I'm glad your fish are on the mend!

Oh no, on the moor! :(  Hope he's feeling better soon. 

Cat was watching the fish for a while this morning. Fish were oblivious, cat fascinated. 

Oh no, on the moor! :(  Hope he's feeling better soon. 

Cat was watching the fish for a while this morning. Fish were oblivious, cat fascinated.

I hope the moor gets better but I think it's just the kusuri that is making him/her bottom sit

I don't have any gf currently; it makes me rather sad. I saw a beautiful oranda with a white face and orange body at a pretty good store today. I wanted to buy him, but didnt have a "legal adult" with me. So maybe that fish wasn't destined to be mine.

I don't have any gf currently; it makes me rather sad. I saw a beautiful oranda with a white face and orange body at a pretty good store today. I wanted to buy him, but didnt have a "legal adult" with me. So maybe that fish wasn't destined to be mine.

I'm so sorry I hate it when I don't have an adult with me but I want a certain fish so bad :(

Thats the problem with having your license before youre 18. I just took it to mean thar fish wasnt meant for me. :)

Well that's one way of looking at it and one day fate will lead you to your perfect fish :)

Thats the problem with having your license before youre 18. I just took it to mean thar fish wasnt meant for me. :)

Well that's one way of looking at it and one day fate will lead you to your perfect fish :)
Ha, yeah. Hopefully 2 so i can do just one qt. . . lol.