Sign in to follow this  
Rijen

Color changing Goldfish

Hi,

This is rijen from Nepal neighbour contry of china. My goldfish Ami Has totally changed its color for a week. i have posted two photos one was taken 2014-7-1 and one 2015-4-6. its very active yet and have not stopped eating nor playing. what might happened to it help me out guys.. It was golden before and white nowadays First photo was taken when i used to feed Hikari gold but nowadays its not available anywhere in nepal so i have started feeding kanshou probiotic pellet its result could it be that reason.      Before

169808-fantail-changing-color-2014-7-1.j 

After

169807-fantail-changing-color-2015-4-6.j

Welcome aboard!

Assuming your water conditions are good, I've heard that goldfish can change color as they mature. But hopefully one of our experts can tell you more.

Goldfish often change colour as they grow and mature, different foods and diet changes can influence their colour too.

Now ami has turned complete white so do you think this is its last color or its gonna change again and turn back to its original color?

Ami likely will not turn back to her original color. Goldfish change color at least once in their lives. She may change again, but not back to what she was before.

Ami likely will not turn back to her original color. Goldfish change color at least once in their lives. She may change again, but not back to what she was before.

Thank you very much for your information and you called ami she is it true i actually dont know is Ami boy of girl.so sweet of you.

I can not tell if the fish is male or female, but Ami sounds like a feminine name to me so I used the gender pronoun 'she.'

yes goldfish do like to keep us on our toes ;) he/she is Beautiful :) I would like to see he in her new white coloring :) I love white goldfish :)

What a cute and beautiful fish, any color it is! :)

Welcome to Koko's!!!!

White stays white.  I've had so many fish turn white, and often within a week.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the way the fish is cared for or water conditions.

Shelly,  do you want some more white fish?

Hey guys i really appreciate your suggestions, And i got a great news, a big lesson i got yesterday , Actually Ami have turned white and rest of my goldfishes have been quite faded just from 2 weeks back and i found the reason. I do lot of research and give plenty of time to my fishes although buzyness too , Lets get to the point. I regularly check every thing regarding aquarium setup and i found power filter was also running but yesterday i realised that the filter was not that much poweful as it used to be so i disembled it and fit it again it worked fine for few minutes but still stoped throwing power so i checked it today now it completely ruinned. I gotta change it cause i dont wanna take risk.guys dont misunderstand everything was fine and still fine filter stopped working just a minutes back although slowly it was working before. I will immideately get a new one so lets see what happen next. So the lesson is dont just check the filters are working or not we even have to check whether it is running full power or not for that you have to remember its performance when it was brandnew.