Breeding Starts/tubercules

edjeff80

Does any one have pictures of breeding stars/tubercules?? Reason beeing, one of my orandas has started to get small white dots around the back of his wen and down the side of his face behind his eyes. They started to pop up yesterday, and I want to make sure that this is what it is, and NOT ich. I don't have a picture at the moment because I'm doing this post from work, but I can ost one in the morning. Can anyone help me with some photos to ease my mind?? :(

Going looking for a picture right now, Erica....

Do the dots look and feel like they are raised? If so, then you would have breeding stars (well, not you of course, I meant the fish! :lol: )

Found one!!

tuber.jpg

Those a just a few on the fish, but they can have quite a lot, a lot of times on the gill cover, and down the first ray of the pectoral fin..... :)

Yes, they are raised. They start at the very top back behond his eyes and come all they way down around the bottom(probaly about 5-6 on each side of his face)......kind of like they are making and outline....kind of like cheekbones!! :D He doesn't have any on his fins though. Just around the eyes and a few outlining the back of his wen.

Okay...I took a few pics this afternoon to make sure you guys could take a look at what I was talking about. These were taken with a camera phone so they're not the greatest, but I'm sure you will get the general idea. Let me know what you think. Thanks! :hi

post-13-1081727965.jpg

Any chance for a close up of the gill area. The white

spots I'm seeing around the eye and wen area might

be wen growth or possibly the start of a fungus?

Just to update everyone--it's wen growth. The small little white dots become stringy after about two days and begin to disappear, then I begin to see his wen shedding in the area the the dots appeared....most of the dots are gone now. Thanks everyone for the help though. :thanks

Archived