Sign in to follow this  
Josie

My Tanks

Here are pics of my three tanks that I have been hard at work on.  I hope everyone enjoys the pictures!

Tank #1: 60 gallon tank with juveniles-3 telescopes, 2 ryukins, and 2 itty bitty ranchus.  Currently watching Craigslist like a hawk for a bigger tank LOL!

xK2xcbR.jpg

Tank #2: 29 gallon with a rescued black moor named Bubba, and his faithful companion, Slim the shubunkin.

bewF6kc.jpg

Tank #3: 29 gallon tank with two white butterfly telescopes from Solid Gold: Fat-Fat and Sparkle.

LwrgkTV.jpg

Wow. :thud

They're BEAUTIFUL tanks! And gorgeous fish. Your aquscaping is perfect for the Goldies and has such nice balance. Bravo!

I actually think your 29 with Jenny's telescopes is your best - the lone lily bulb is so striking and beautiful in its simplicity. I'm normally a fan of lush ranks, but the hard scraping gives it a graphic, clean feel that balances with the fish so nicely. Really, really great job.

Oh wow all of your tanks are stunning Josie :thud:

I do have to agree that I love your tele tank the most, very striking, it really makes the fish the stars of the show. Whilst I love heavily planted tanks (love love your 60 gallon), sometimes the fish almost get lost in it, as your attention is drawn to the plants rather than the fish. The greyscale colours in the tele tank are just perfect, and I love big smooth rocks in goldie tanks, I think they really complement the fancy goldfish body shape.

Anyway, beautiful, just beautiful, they make my eyes happy! :D

Wow. Beautiful setups. Nicely done :thumb:

Thanks everyone!  I had planned to have the tank with the white telescopes more planted, but when they arrived I realized that they are much more clumsy than my other fish!  One of them is so round he gets turned upside down and stuck under leaves quite easily.  That is when I realized they needed a much sparser tank, and I thought the color in the red lotus would compliment them quite nicely!

omg! They are all gorgeous!

I love that they are each so different, but they all seem to share the same feel. Seriously, you can come do my tank next. :please

GORGEOUS!!!!! Love the rock's!!!!!

Wonderful.  You have a good eye for design.  The Black Moor is gorgeous :)

Very lovely tanks and some very petty goldfish.

#3 is the one I like the best... WOWSERS!! :yikes

Beautiful tanks and I love the fish! Well done.  :thumb:

Gorgeous!  All of em.

Wow, these are beautiful! And your fish are all so adorable. :D

Wow your tanks and fish are stunning:)  Looks beautiful :thumbup2:

Thanks again to everyone for all the kind words.  It means a lot to me as I have put a ton of work into these tanks and I don't have anybody in my life that knows anything about keeping fish to truly appreciate my effort!

omg! They are all gorgeous!

I love that they are each so different, but they all seem to share the same feel. Seriously, you can come do my tank next. :please

Haha I would love to!  Sometimes I think, after all the money I have put into setting up three tanks, that I should have just gotten a 125 gallon or larger straight away.  Then I remember that for me half the fun of having fish is decorating the tank, so having multiple tanks definitely suits me!

Wonderful.  You have a good eye for design.  The Black Moor is gorgeous :)

Thanks!  I am so glad you like the Black Moor.  I had that tank all set up and had planned to use it for my baby ranchus, but then I found this guy.  You can't see it in the picture, but his eyes are all foggy, I don't think he can see very well.  His previous owners kept him in a filthy bucket.  I had to take him home with me even though I really didn't have the space...and so now again I find myself in the market for another tank LOL!

#3 is the one I like the best... WOWSERS!! :yikes

It seems everyone likes tank #3 best, perhaps I will have to enter it in the Tank of the Month contest!

I think more fish should be named "Fat-Fat." Amazing.

Looking great

Beautiful tanks!  They look professionally done :)  Your photos of them are wonderful too, nicely done!

I think more fish should be named "Fat-Fat." Amazing.

OMG I love that name too.  I didn't even name him, Jenni from Solid Gold informed me that she had been calling him that, so I decided to keep it :)

All of these tanks are amazing! I love the setups & their inhabitants - gorgeous!

i have to say all 3 of your tanks look amazing :) But I do prefer the last 2 as well, as fish tend to get lost in most heavily planted tanks...and were all about the goldfish here right ;)

Just came around to reading this thread. Wow! You have a wonderful eye for aquascaping! I like that Bubba....

I love the contrast on tank #3.. Black background, black substrate and finally... White Goldies! NICE!! :D