The Three Amigos

So, these three seem to be getting along very well after a couple of months together.  The two new boys up front (Mikado and Tatsu) are always moving :fishtank   But notice how my wise old girl, Maruko is stealthily eating all of the food behind their backs :rofl Buttercup, the Pleco also makes a few cameos   :teehee

http://vid1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj600/jmetzger72/Goldfish/20150602_193936.mp4

They keep moving my sand  :madrant

• Helper

Haha! She's pretty smart. The boys are beautiful swimmers and enormous - how much are these amigos weighing in these days?

Haha! She's pretty smart. The boys are beautiful swimmers and enormous - how much are these amigos weighing in these days?

I haven't weighed them recently, but last time:

Maruko = 240g

Tatsu = 117g

Mikado = Never weighed, but probably somewhere between the other two fish.

Ooooh, that's the r/w oranda you get a few months ago, right? Simply stunning! I would not have been able to pass that one up either.

Thanks, I would really love a calico Ryukin in there to complete the group.  Unfortunately, it's only a 55 and I don't have room for a 75 (width)  :cry

Love just love it :thumbup2:

Thanks :) I need to get some more Anubias runners attached to that piece of wood on the left.  I keep taking cuttings from the others, but Anubias grows so slowy!

They look great Jared.

I love the white face on Maruko.

Thanks, she didn't get that until recently.  Her belly is white, too and she has a slight telescope trait  :wub:

:heart

Do they spit sand on your moss rocks and cover them? Mine do. I finally just took them out cuz a day after WC day you can't see them anyway. :bat:

Your tank and fish look great!!!

Yes, but then Buttercup cleans them off for me :rofl

They look great Jared.

Thanks, she didn't get that until recently.  Her belly is white, too and she has a slight telescope trait  :wub:

Keep that fish away from Lisa...I hear she steals things :hide:

:P

They look great Jared.

Keep that fish away from Lisa...I hear she steals things :hide:

:P

She already took two of my fish, which is why I put the Pleco in there for security.  Lisa is afraid of Plecos  :scared

• Helper

Love just love it :thumbup2:

Thanks :) I need to get some more Anubias runners attached to that piece of wood on the left. I keep taking cuttings from the others, but Anubias grows so slowy!
You'd grow old waiting for the anubias! That stuff takes forEVer.

I just got a mother plant of the nana species along with five decent sized cuttings. They were very affordable from this joint, and I cannot praise Heather's plants highly enough - nice size, good price, shipped safe and sound. They did have some snails hitch along, but that's nothing a little pp can't handle:

http://shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com

ETA: AHH! Apparently Heather had a family emergency and closed the store for the time being. Bummer!

Edited by Arctic Mama

Jared, you must be a very proud fishy Daddy!  They are stunning!  I have a black moor and a pearlscale, and I cant decide on either completing with an oranda or a ranchu.... you have just made that decision even more difficult.... I want them BOTH now!  :teehee

Definitely one of my favorite tanks [emoji813]

When we got the 125 i tried for the silver background, but was shot down. My husband loved yours too but 1) it would be a shoddy recreation, and 2) probably would not go well with the room. And maybe cause stealing is bad, yours should be the only one so awesome :rofl

They look fantastic! :lisa:

Jared, you must be a very proud fishy Daddy!  They are stunning!  I have a black moor and a pearlscale, and I cant decide on either completing with an oranda or a ranchu.... you have just made that decision even more difficult.... I want them BOTH now!  :teehee

Either would be nice.  I just recommend getting one who's color contrasts with the two fish you already have.  The variety of colors makes it for me :)