So as you know, I recently lost my beloved goldfish to the giant blue pond in the sky and completely redid my tank. Although I am going to fishless cycle it, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have its inhabitants in QT while I awaited their tank cycle. Kill two birds with one stone, eh?

Anywho, without further ado, the fishes!

The oranda is named Martin, and the ryukin is named (tentatively) Frasier. Any name suggestions are welcome, too, as these names aren't set.

I picked the ryukin for his tiny stature and cute coloration, whereas the oranda I bought solely for his friendly demeanor. In the store, he followed my finger faithfully all over the tank. And now, he is faithfully following his little friend! They are inseparable.

I believe that Martin is turning orange. I'm not sure if you can see it in this video, but his underside is tinted orange. . . Not sickly yellow like jaundice, but like a color change. And I love his fins!

So you can get a better idea on their sizes;

image.jpg1_9.jpg

:goodjob

Aww! Adorable little fish!

Both great fish!

Really love them. I am partial to the name Frasier, as my childhood dog was a dorky and wonderful mutt named Frazier. :heart

Too adorable!!!

I love them, and their names suit them!  Frasier is definitely trying to push in in front of Martin.... just like their namesakes!

Awww...they really are so sweet!  Congrats and enjoy :)

What about Niles? :rofl

Hahaha! Love the names, and theyre adorable! I hope you have an uneventful qt :)

What about Niles? :rofl

Miles doesn't live with them in the show, so it stands to reason he doesn't live in the same tank.

Thanks guys! I can't wait to actually aadd them to the tank. They are a welcome additions to my fishie family.

Love their names. Gratz on the new fish.

They are adorable! I really like the names. I always wanted to do Frasier names for my pets, but never went through with it. :)

They are adorable! I really like the names. I always wanted to do Frasier names for my pets, but never went through with it. :)

I only wish I had a bigger tank, so I could include Niles and Roz!????

Edited by Morgan'sMiracles

I don't know how I missed this thread but your new goldies are gorgeous and I love the names :)