My makeover from an unplanted to planted tank!

MT28

Ever since I joined Koko's I've been really taken with all the beautiful planted tanks from members here, so over the last few weeks I've made it my little project to convert my barebottom 55gallon into a planted tank.

This is what my tank looked like when I first got it with fake plants:

d57e726116b327b716e6a8713c9b8a4b.jpg

This is what it looks like now with anubias tied to driftwood, an amazon sword and a green crypt (the tiny pot on the left is a baby amazon sword cut from the mother plant that Kaji keeps picking at and uprooting, so I buried it deeper in the pot and surrounded it with bigger rocks in hopes that this will protect it).

dae51e965d47895f4985bfe7beaf7fa4.jpg5837e97e75df697d41c2f85b99b7df84.jpg10018b2d54dc693aa616724b46dc0f28.jpg

It's really simple and the plants are pretty ordinary, but I really like this new aesthetic and can't wait to see these plants grow!

Edited by MT28

Your new scape of your tank looks wonderful.  I love your piece of driftwood with your anubias plant attached.   Looks beautiful.  It looks like you'll have some more babies to plant as soon as those leaves get a little bigger from the Mommy plant.  

I'd be tempted to put a piece of mesh over your plant and rubber band it to your pot so your fish doesn't try to uproot it instead of burying the plant deep in the substrate. (This will give your plant time to grow it's roots into the substrate without your fish bothering it, hopefully.) 

Thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging comments!

@4prettyfish: I never thought of doing that--sounds like a great idea, thanks for the advice!

• Helper

Looking sharp! Plants really help the look of a tank, don't they? I've seen s few enviously gorgeous aquariums with no live plants, but i have found it much easier to make an attractive tank when I just shove a ton of plants in :D

• Admin

Looks great!! I've been looking for a new piece of driftwood. That one is perfect! Let me PM you my address and you can send it right on over. :rofl3

:SmackBottom::u035:

Looks great!! I've been looking for a new piece of driftwood. That one is perfect! Let me PM you my address and you can send it right on over. :rofl3

Sure! Just PP me $2000 to cover the cost of my new outdoor pond and we'll call it about even ;)