What in the World?! Shredded Tail

• Supporter

Wanted to post an update..

Chico has had Three Salt dips at 3% salt for 5 minutes each.

This is her today

4vKGTQR.jpg

wTDKSAD.jpg

PCcTGOV.jpg

dKsRYxS.jpg

I was wondering if it would be worth adding something like melafix to her QT, right now there is nothing but Prime in there

Edited by FishyMandy

• Helper

It looks like it is healing nicely on its own, I wouldn't bother with the melafix, which might add an unnecessary layer of stress with comparably little payoff in treatment.

• Helper

Great plan. Unless something take a turn for the worst just taking a wait and see approach is your very best bet. Keep us posted as to how things are going!

• Supporter

Hi guys...I worked out what the issue was, the two 'feeder fish' I bought a few years ago that turned out to be barbs...they were attacking her. She was all perfectly healed, I put her back in the tank and they went her really badly. Within a few minutes she was completely beaten up. I removed the barbs and moved her back to QT but it was too much for her...Chico has passed away :(

The barbs aren't going back in the tank, I'm so upset, I had them in there for almost 2 years not even knowing what they were and never had any problems until now. They are going to a new home tomorrow. 

RIP My Chico