I told my fish their future tank mate would be coming home today

I told Magi and Ilmarë a new friend would be coming home with me today. I'm not sure how they feel about it.

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

They were shocked at first, but now I think they are excited.

We brought home a cute little fantail from That Pet Place this evening. We looked at dozens of goldfish before my boyfriend picked out his favorite. He's named Pierre, and is mostly orange but with some fry coloring still left including a pencil thin mustache.

He's so tiny! I'm glad he's going to spend a good month in QT before going in the 55 gallon because I'm pretty sure I'd lose him in there now. Ilmarë was probably about the same size when I brought her home four months ago, but now both my other fish look huge compared to little Pierre.

Pierre is still pretty stressed out by his new home. Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow and I'll be able to get some picture up for you guys.

Pierre was feeling comfortable enough this morning to take a few photos.

Meet Pierre!

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

He makes my other fish look so big! My boyfriend picked him out because he swam right up to the front of the tank and showed off his teeny tiny mustache.

At first he was very confused to be in a new place all alone, but this morning he is already on track to being super friendly and swimming over to say hi to me. I'm already looking forward to how excited he will be once he sees his permanent home with the other two.

Cute photo's.  They do look like they are asking the question, Whhaat? :yikes  No more fish in here.  hehehe

Congratulations on your new adorable fish.  I'm sure Pierre is going to love his new big home and roommates. :P  (love his name also)