What kind of a goldfish is this?

Ree

it is a cross between an oranda and telescope.. a 'model' which i believe i could never warm to.. :)

I don't think it is one I wanted in one of my tanks... I was just blown away by how... how... 'interesting' :yikes it looks, would be putting it nicely I guess :whistle .  Not for me though :no: .  Was just wondering as it is not one I have ever seen before!

Edit: I cant stop looking at it... and not in a good way... in a 'what in the world is that?' kinda way. 

Edited by Ree

I've seen these for sale on a site before. They were small and the wen wasn't super developed. I thought they looked interesting, but I really don't think I would want one. I know my boyfriend would be creeped out by them having both the wen and the eyes. He says he can handle only one or the other.  :rofl

I've seen these for sale on a site before. They were small and the wen wasn't super developed. I thought they looked interesting, but I really don't think I would want one. I know my boyfriend would be creeped out by them having both the wen and the eyes. He says he can handle only one or the other.  :rofl

LOL I love it.... I know my hubby would have something to say if I bought that home with me... Ill tell you what he says when he comes inside... that is if I can type it without to many negative words...

Edited by Ree

Wow yuck!

that's exactly what i thought when i saw the photo.. i was just trying to be nice(er).. :tomuch:

I thought you were very tactful Helen! 

Nope.... still cant stop looking at it.... :yikes

• Admin

it is a cross between an oranda and telescope.. a 'model' which i believe i could never warm to.. :)

It almost looks like part Pearly too :o

Please understand, you don't cross a telescope with an oranda and get a fish with a wen and telescope eyes. You should expect most of the fish to look like fantails.  If you interbreed these F1 "fantails", you may get a few fish that have both mutations.  These may breed true.

I think the round body looks more ryukin than pearlscale.

• Admin

All I know is that isnt the goldfish I want to say.... Oh look at you cute little guy..... No way thats one that makes me want to :why::peeka