Attractive Indoor Pond Cover?

kogia

So I am trying to figure out how to make a cover for an indoor pond.  It needs to be attractive because its in my dining room.  It needs to keep my dog out of the pond.  He's not likely to start fishing but he would definitely drink from it left to his own devices.  

It also needs to be open enough to allow the water from the plants hanging over the pond to drip back into the pond.  Those plants are doing my filtration for me so a lot of water comes down through the system over the course of the day. 

Does anyone have suggestions?  Any picture of pretty pond covers that others have would be awesome, even if they wouldn't work for me I'm sure they will give someone ideas.  

Could you make something like this, using some really nice recycled windows, tall enough to enclose the hanging plants over the pond?  I guess it would depend on your pond shape, but if it had straight sides this may work.  You could leave the top gable open (not glassed in) if you wanted to ensure the airflow for the plants and your fish.  And a hinged 'door' at the front would give you great maintenance acess.  Just a thought.

http://www.globalgardenfriends.com/2013/11/how-to-build-a-miniature-greenhouse-from-old-windows/

Edited by Ree

Here is another different idea I found.  You might be able to do something similar with sides tall enough that your dog cant get into the pond... If you got the right piece of furniture to match your dining furniture it might work... 

http://mother-books.com/how-to-build-an-indoor-pond-new-home-design

Is this the 40 gallon you were talking about on another thread?  If so, can you just raise it off the floor a bit so its too high for the dog?  (assuming you don't have a massive dog, that is)

I had a small container garden a few years ago that was about that size and I just used some decorative garden fencing to keep my dogs out.  It worked well enough to keep them from drinking out of it without obstructive the view.  Just drill some small holes along the edge and the stakes slide right in - keeping the drilled holes the same size as the stakes and you won't even have to fix it to anything.

Not this specific one, but something like this... http://www.robbiewalden.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/decorative-garden-edging-ideas.jpg

This is the 40 gallon I was talking about in the other thread.  I tried to keep it vague since I don't have a pond yet so the details might change.  :I-Thank-You:   I am looking at Tuff Stuff 40 gallon stock tank currently.  
The dog is 75lbs and perfectly willing to prop his feet up on something to see whats inside it so I'd have to raise it up to 3 feet or so to keep him out.  Some sort of attractive fencing might work. Thankfully the dining room furniture is already mis-matched due to being inherited from different people.  So as long as it looks nice I can get away with something that doesn't match style-wise.