Prelove Bubble Eye

dctan12

I never liked them until I saw the most incredible pair at a LFS, if I'd have had a spare 40 gallon tank I'd have snapped them up in a heartbeat

D912C6D7-1FF9-4454-8823-6647812A98AF_zps

I like them but like a few others said, I'd be afraid of eye injuries.

I like this funny Bubble Eye Goldfish video :teehee He/she sure has "Jello Jiggler" eyes but oh so cute!

Yes! I had a bubble eye once before. They don't come around very often, so when I saw that the LFS had them, I just HAD to buy one!

I worried at first about injuries - put a sponge on the intake and everything - but he was just fine. Never had any problems. I had a piece of driftwood and gravel in the tank he was in; he wasn't any more clumsy than most of my other fish.

The only problem he did have at first was learning how to find sinking pellets - I think he was used to flake food. But he caught on quickly, and soon was able to compete with the other fish in the tank (which included an oranda and a ryukin).

I would highly recommend these fish - they are very entertaining and cute!

So good to see so many people same as me like bubble eye. I keep bubble eye in tub just like TVR for viewing pleasure. I love the bubble eye bouncing when they swim, they are alway my prelove....... 

Koko,

Cute & nice bubble eye you have..........

Anyone keep or own bubble eye now/before? Please don't be shy to show here !!!!!

I, too, was terrified of bubble eyes for years, but when I finally got one I learned to relax about the bubbles. A healthy bubble eye won't injure its bubbles unless it's otherwise sick (they don't just randomly get stuck to the filter intake unless they're weakened by something) or there's something really hazardous in the tank.

Someone on here once experimented on her deceased bubble eye to see how much it would take to pop a bubble. She reported that even a knife had to have significant pressure (like, a LOT) to injure the sac.

This was my fellow, Hula. I adored him and fully intend to have another someday.

hulacloseup_zps49926ab2.jpg

I, too, was terrified of bubble eyes for years, but when I finally got one I learned to relax about the bubbles. A healthy bubble eye won't injure its bubbles unless it's otherwise sick (they don't just randomly get stuck to the filter intake unless they're weakened by something) or there's something really hazardous in the tank.

Someone on here once experimented on her deceased bubble eye to see how much it would take to pop a bubble. She reported that even a knife had to have significant pressure (like, a LOT) to injure the sac.

This was my fellow, Hula. I adored him and fully intend to have another someday.

hulacloseup_zps49926ab2.jpg

Very nice, cute and beautiful bubble eye you have. Yes, never be afraid, you never try you never know of owning one.

• Helper

Awww, he's a cutie! They all remind me of hound dog faces for some reason... all droopy and sad and adorable!

Me too! That's the perfect way to describe them.