Sign in to follow this  
QandD

How long at .3% salt?

Hi all,

I have had my new oranda, Victoria, in a .3% salt solution for almost 2 weeks now while administering Prazi double doses. She came from Petsmart so I have been following Koko's protocols for QT under questionable circumstances. Other than some surface dancing--I think she associates the surface with food from her flake days--she has been tolerating everything like a champ. I plan to do 4 rounds of Prazi. She is on round 3. How long should I keep her at the current salt concentration, do you think? My other fish had a secondary infection after a full blown Prazi tratment, so I am nervous about parasites in general. Duchess seems to be improving despite some lethargy and her tail issues, though. I am hoping that she is in the clear and that the main tank is healthy.

So am I QTing Vickie right? Or is it overkill? I've never QTed before.

Edited by QandD

If after 2 weeks of 0.3% salt, no issues have come up, I drop it to 0.1%. Secondary infections usually show up in the first couple weeks of Prazi.

I also think it's a good idea to do 2 more 5-day rounds of Prazipro after the salt has been reduced to 0.1%.  

OK, thanks! Will do.