Every week I drive around town to see if I get lucky and find a good looking ranchu or a tele-butterfly..

But after several months of driving I just gave up..  :( ..

My town has NO butterflies at all and just "a handful" of very low quality ranchus

I've been "rescuing" goldfish from the local LFS's but I thought it was time for me to get a "healthy & w/ potential" fish..

I'm against spending hundred$ of dollars on a fish but I came to the conclusion that I'll never have what I really like if I don't dig into my pockets.. 

So.. here it is!!!

A cute little juvenile from Jennifer Lynx (solid gold) first tryout..

They're not very good pics because he/she just arrived an hour ago and I don't want to stress him/her that much..

Ah!.. and if you guys can come up with a great name.. Let me know!!

20150520_150805_zpsdu6ctguq.jpg

20150520_150804_zpsqlvikdwt.jpg

Wow! That's a gorgeous fish! Do you have any "themes" to the names for your other fish, or is it sort of random?

Cute fish!

Thank you!...

Shahbazin.. I don't have any themes.. some of them my kids name them some other I named after I see some of their personality..

However.. I've seen some "cooool" names here at kokos so I just hope someone comes up with "that special one".. :D

She is cute.  I think I would name her Sunshine if she were mine and had a zippy personallity... signifying hope, brightness, yellow, warmth, new life...etc.  Or I would call her Mellow-yellow if she were not so energetic.

Beautiful new fish!  

I would call her Lemon Drop, Lemony, LeMon, Yellow Sub. Sunshine and Daisy are also good names along the same theme of her color.

Tracy

She is cute.  I think I would name her Sunshine if she were mine and had a zippy personallity... signifying hope, brightness, yellow, warmth, new life...etc.  Or I would call her Mellow-yellow if she were not so energetic.

Mellow-Yellow is an adorable name.  Made me want to sing it. hehe

I was singing it while I was typing too.  :whistle  :teehee

That is so funny.  I think it's the rhyming.  hehehe 

That is so funny.  I think it's the rhyming.  hehehe 

quite rightly!  :teehee

She looks like a Daisy to me. Beautiful little juvie!

Well, thank you..

I like the name.. but the bad thing is that I already have red & white ryukin named Daisy.. (what a coincidence, that's funny)

A beautiful fish!  I have watched many of Jenny's videos.  She's awesome and helped me learn a lot.  I'm envious you go one and excited for you! :)  Enjoy! :D

Im sure most of you have seen them but for those who have not...

These are the parents of my juvie..!!

1470192_702779159832010_6515279963912778

I'm hoping to get some more input tomorrow about a name.. You girls have been giving me some (a bit on the feminine side :donthit:) great ideas, thanks!!

You could look up names from literature. My boyfriend uses all Shakespearean names for naming his cats. I used one when I named my lavender butterfly tele. :teehee  Or, try baby naming websites. There are some interesting ones on there if you go to one that uses lots of different origins. 

Edited by goldfishgirl82