Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyFish

Acquiring black colouration?

I'm so sorry.  I'm sure the salt helped.  I expect you bought a sick fish, since you were doing a very good job of caring for her.  This happens to all of us at times.

I once bought two lovely and healthy-looking fantails from a big box pet store.  They appeared perfectly healthy for about 10 days and then stopped eating, with no other symptoms, and died a few days later.  I took the bodies back to the store, got a refund -- thinking it strange that  they didn't suggest getting a replacement -- and went to look at the other fish from their tank.  The tank had no fish.  Apparently whatever my fish had killed the entire tank.  

I'm very sorry to hear that.  :(  You did a really good job of taking care of her.

So sorry for your loss. Sometimes it happens even when we try our best.  :bighug

Thankyou. She was such a sweet fish, got to the point where she would nibble on the backs of my hands during water changes. I didn't expect to grow so attached so quickly. It's amazing how much personality they have. I'll fix my parameters and try again when I'm ready. It's so weird looking at the empty tank, and it's only been a short while with her.

Thankyou for your support.

I'm so sorry. Rest in peace, beautiful Clementine.