Hi from Austria!

hellofishy

Hello everyone!

I'm Myles and a novice in fish keeping. I used to lurk around before and decided to register. ☺️

I was a foster-mama to a comet, who died due to my lack of knowledge (a week ago) though I've tried to acquire as much information as possible during the time I had her. ???? She came to us in a bucket, got her a 54L tank and bought a Juwel Rio 180L after finding out that the 54L was too small. I think she died of ammonia poisoning, but I recognized it way too late ????

With the 180L quitting is not an option, also because I ordered 30kg JBL Sansibar Sand, a pack of living plants... and bloodworms, which were all for her ????

I'm now very careful and will do a fishless cycle as soon as everything has arrived.

Thank you for this helpful board and for sharing your knowledge!

Hi Myles,  Im sorry for your loss.  It is difficult.  I went through something similar, but I had a betta first.  I decided to learn all I could before getting goldfish, and it still wasn't enough.  Here is where I have learnt the most, and gotten the most amazing support and encouragement.  I hope that the team here can help make your fishkeeping a fun time!  They certainly are a great bunch at Koko's!

Edited by Ree

Welcome to KOKOS woot! I went through a similar situation and it is never easy :( but thats why I came to kokos to learn how to properly take care of goldies and help others. The fun part of a fishless cycle is you get plenty of time to design your tank layout :D Also it gives you plenty of time to decide what type of goldie breed that might interest you :3

Welcome!

I agree with MissColonel. Planning and decorating my tank was the best way I found to pass the time while my tank was cycling. It's hard to stay patient, but making the best home possible for your future fishies is worth it. There's also a ton of informative things you can read here (and lots and lots of adorable pictures to look at too)!

Hello! :)

Thank you everyone!

@Ree

Yeah, I noticed that there are some awesome people here, which is why I decided to register! Thank you!

@MissColonel & @Blitz

Oh yes! I have so many ideas for my tank I hope that my order will be delivered soon. I fell in love with blue orandas and ranchus.

@4prettyfish

Thank you. I was devastated the last few days, but doing better now and looking forward helps.

Welcome to Koko's, Myles - I'm sorry for the loss of your comet.sadhug.gif

Your next fish will gain the benefit of what you learn here. Good luck with them. 

Welcome to Koko's!

:hi Myles, I love you name :D

I'm sorry for your recent fishy loss :hug

Looking forward to lots of pics :nana

Sorry for you loss. Goldfish really have a way of stealing the heart. I'm a newbie to goldfish as well and haven't been here long but there is some great information available here and awesome support:)

Thank you guys! I still think of my comet ????

But I'm also currently in the planning process and will post pictures as soon as I figure things out. At the moment, I'm quite overwhelmed about the possibilites ????