First time cake design for teens

4prettyfish

I thought this was so adorable and wanted to share.  My daughter and her friend made this cake to be auctioned off at the yearly High School Ag Barbecue this weekend.   Taylor is on the leadership board (secretary officer) and the Leaders had to make a dessert for the auction.  Taylor did use a white cake mix but added food coloring to make a rainbow effect when you cut into the cake with a homemade strawberry filling in between the layers and homemade icing. 

The adorable part about the cake is the design.  They are pigs and sheep in an enclosed grassy area.  They used kit-kat bars for the fence, butterfinger candy bars for the pigs, and marshmallows for the sheep.  I think the poor sheep need a bit of help. haha   And that pile of yellowish stuff is ......................hay. :)  But overall, not too bad for a first time design on a cake.  The girls got their idea off the internet with the kit kat bars but pigs were sitting in chocolate frosting/mud.   It will be interesting to see who buys their cake and for how much. :)

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/4prettyfish/DSC05505_zpsr9e57akm.jpg

Edited by 4prettyfish

Geez, I'm having a problem with phtobucket.

Thanks Crystal.  I'm trying.  Somethings up with photobucket. :(

Edited by 4prettyfish

I'll have to try back later but I think first link might work and once your on my photobucket you might be able to see all of them.

Edited by 4prettyfish

:rofl the animals aren't distinguishable to me..... But the flowers on the side are very pretty :) and I'd soooo eat it :Scoff:

I hope they make lots of $$$ :nana

The pigs are in person, Aubrey.  They are really cute and made out of butterfinger candy bars.  Yummy. Thanks, I hope all the kids do well on the auction.

Taylor is raising another pig this year for the fair in July.  Her pig is about 120 now and a few months ago was about 53 or so.  That's why the pig cake. hahhaha

Thank you Crystal, Susanne, and Koko.   I'll have to tell Taylor when I see her later tonight.  I told my sister that we should buy the cake so we can 

:feedme eat it. hahahaha  But I guess the girls could just make another one ................................only if I didn't gain a ton of weight. :(

Susanne, My sister's three boys would gobble that down in no time.  So I could see two teen boys gobbling it down also.  I thought you had one son?

You are so right, Susanne.  Half full is always better with kids. :)  and other stuff/things. :)

The dessert auction was a success.  Taylor's and Adri's cake sold for $100.00.  A young boy around 11 was bidding on it with his Dad next to him.  The other 9 desserts from the Ag. Leaders were sold ranging from $30.00 to $150.00.  Taylor went to go get the lid for the cake after the sale to give to the boy and by the time Taylor came back the boy already ate two pieces of the fence.  hahaha