Sign in to follow this  
jmetzger72

Two More Ranchus: Free For Adoption

Hi again  :hi

As I mentioned in my previous adoption thread, for reasons of space I am ending my "Ranchu Rescue" efforts and focusing on my personal collection of fish.  Arctic Mama will be taking my red/white Ranchu, but I have two others that I would like to rehome.  They were both rescued from bad situations and have been with me for about year now.  They were also quite small when I got them, so I think they are still young fish.  In that time, they have been treated for parasites with 0.3% salt and Prazi and neither fish has ever been sick once they were in my care.  

This is Ping who is has more of a traditional egg fish profile:

20141013_191403-1.jpg

20141013_190955-1.jpg

IMG_20140709_185826_734-1.jpg

His wen is more white and developed now like in the first two pics, but this pic shows his back better.

And this is Pong who has a more modern SVR back profile:

20141215_221947_006-1_1.jpg

20140907_120603-1.jpg

And here they are together:

20141021_205957.jpg

20141021_205951.jpg

20141021_205945.jpg

Both fish are peaceful and get along well with other fish including Bubbles, my Pleco  :teehee

Again, these are not perfect or show quality fish, but are adorable in my opinion.  Pong tips forward a bit when resting, but this does not seem to inhibit him in any way.

Let me know if you are interested in one or both fish :)

They are both adorable Jared :wub: I hope you find lovely homes for them :)

Pong looks like my ranchu.

54c2b789-665e-48d2-b350-fc062f92b1ce_zps

No name for him yet.

Good luck rehoming Jared :)

They are just too cute.  I so wish I could take them, but I only have room for one more baby, and I'm in Australia! :cry I'm sure you will find them wonderful homes Jared!

Ah! Ping and Pong are SO cute! I hope they find good homes.

You've had Ping and Pong for a year already?  That year seemed to go by fast. They are beautiful and hope you find them great homes here.

Dangit I wish I got a bigger tank. Pong is awesome and I am a sucker for Ranchu  :doh11:

Dangit I wish I got a bigger tank. Pong is awesome and I am a sucker for Ranchu  :doh11:

One of my piano students is taking Pong and Tora.  I'm giving her my old 29 gallon with filters, etc, too.  She has been taking very good care of the class goldfish this summer, so I am confident she will be a good caregiver for these two once that fish goes back to the school.  She visits them every week after her lesson and is very excited about the adoption  :)

Edited by Jared

One of my piano students is taking them.  I'm giving her my old 29 gallon with filters, etc, too.  she has been taking very good care of the class goldfish from her school this summer, so I am confident she will be a good caregiver for these two once that fish goes back to the school.  She visits them every week after her lesson and is very excited about adopting them :)

:nana Awesome!! I am glad they found a great home! And they will be in great hands because she can always ask you questions about their care :hi5

:thumbup2: