Sign in to follow this  
jmetzger72

Free Ranchu for Adoption

Hi everyone,

I have a cute red and white ranchu available for adoption.  Her mane is Tora and he is about 2 1/4 inches from head to peduncle and about 3 inches with the tail.  She is not a show quality Ranchu, but is quite striking all the same.  She has been treated for parasites with 0.3% salt and Prazi and breezed through QT.  She is also the most active ranchu I have ever seen and swims continuously.  Currently, she is maintaining my quarantine tank's cycle, but I would like to find her a more permanent home in a nice group tank.  

So why am I giving her away?  I have one tank of Goldfish that is my personal collection and a second tank for rescues or fish that I buy for potential, etc. with the intention of eventually finding them a good home.  Tora is one that I took because I though she had good potential and was just a cool and unique looking Ranchu.  I was actually at the store to buy my Moor and I impulsively took Tora, too :rofl

Anyway, she is free to a good home and I will even pitch in towards the shipping.  Let me know if you are interested.  Here are some pics:

20150513_145809-1.jpg

20150513_145738-1.jpg

20150513_145727-1.jpg

Here's a video:

http://vid1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj600/jmetzger72/Goldfish/20150513_145650.mp4

She is too cute!!  :D

I will be in Chicago tomorrow.  :o

:rofl

#AlreadyOverstocked

PS if you're bored, meet me at the Museum of Science and Industry.  I'll be one of the frazzled parents with 90 6th graders.  :tomuch:

Maannnnnn! :tantrum

I don't have the room, but would totally break my "i don't really want another ranchu" thing if i did!

Good luck, i know you will find a good home! :heart

She's really adorable, Jared.  How nice of you to get her all ready for a new forever home.  Too bad you just can't keep her.  My tank is stocked or I'd really consider her. :)  You'll find her a great home, I'm sure.

Oh Jared, She is beautiful!  But I'm in Australia.  I hope you find her a lovely home... She is just toooo cute, and so happy! 

Jared :hug You're such a doll :pinchyourcheeks:

If she was calico I'd take her. I'm really holding out for a cally :donthit:

:goodluck

She's a fast wiggle swimmer.  And I love her red all the way down her back. 

I wish I could, she's beautiful and I want a ranchu very much. Unfortunately, I'm technically supposed to be finding a home for one of mine still.  :teehee

:devilangel

Very cute :)  I'll bet that adds a really fun element to your fish keeping too, being able to take any fish you want!

Hold on...let me go get my black sharpie :rofl

If she was calico I'd take her. I'm really holding out for a cally :donthit::goodluck

Hold on...let me go get my black sharpie :rofl

:o:rofl3:wa

Very cute :)  I'll bet that adds a really fun element to your fish keeping too, being able to take any fish you want!

Well, until I move to a bigger place, I can't upgrade tanks anymore.  So, I am stuck with the 55 and the 38 which together will hold 5 big fish.  I want to narrow my stock down to one of each of my favorite types:  Oranda, Ranchu, Black Telescope, Calico Ryukin and a blue or white fish.  Right now, I have 4 Ranchus because I "had" to rescue them :rofl

#hoarder

:rofl3

..... because I "had" to rescue them :rofl

That is how I ended up with too many fish also.  :rofl2

Poor Ping was in a tank at a big chain store where all of the other goldfish had Ich and were dying.  I swear I heard him say "I see you Kokonut...get me outa here!"

That was how I ended up with Blinky (who is now Hidr's fish). He was at a store where a friend of mine works. They had ich really bad and the store was not allowing them to use any medicine that would actually kill the ich. I told her that I had quinine on hand and if I took him home he had a chance... so she sold him to me for a lower price. He was doing better within a couple days. :)

*ahem*

I'm battling back the parasite and columnaris of doom, as you're well aware, but I'm also setting up a new 80 gallon here in the next few weeks. If she hasn't found a good home once quarantine is up on Otto and Momoko she is welcome to join my fishy family.

:)

*ahem*

I'm battling back the parasite and columnaris of doom, as you're well aware, but I'm also setting up a new 80 gallon here in the next few weeks. If she hasn't found a good home once quarantine is up on Otto and Momoko she is welcome to join my fishy family.

:)

Wonderful!  That's more motivation for me to help you cure this #@*% parasite :rofl

I am in no rush, so I can certainly keep her until you are ready :)

That would be great. I'll shoot you a PM when everything is clear and she will have the quarantine to herself, then. I'm thinking another three to four week after we are done with the parasite treatment, so maybe the first half of June?

That would be great. I'll shoot you a PM when everything is clear and she will have the quarantine to herself, then. I'm thinking another three to four week after we are done with the parasite treatment, so maybe the first half of June?

:nana sounds like a plan.