Pic of Our Betta

Shahbazin

This is our betta  - his fins are still getting longer, & he's a real neat greenish blue with red markings. His cup label said he was a Rose (rosetail?) Betta. My 8 year old named him "Cloudy" & my 7 year old named him "Fishkiss" (reference to the goldfish in the book "Mr. Brown Can Moo") - I refer to him as "CFK" or just "Cee". He loves poking around through the plant leaves, sitting on moss balls, & just generally patrolling his 10 gallon tank (shared with 3 cory cats & 5 mosquito fish/guppy types).

CFKBetta3855_zpsqttek4hs.jpg

amazing color, and his little mouth makes him look like he has an attitude.  :teehee

Thanks! And not only does he *look* like he has an attitude, he does! If you look closely, he's in the process of pushing a tiny snail off that plant stem with his nose - "Snails belong on leaves, not stems! You will obey the mighty betta!" He doesn't actually eat them, but he's been known to rearrange the snails if they don't suit him where they are. 

Little Betta Boss is in charge.

I have a really bossy fish named Queen B.

CFK  for Cloudy Fishkiss?

That's a suitable and  unique name. 

Edited by mysterygirl

• 2 months later...

I just took a pic of Cee showing his whole tank this morning - the tank had a nasty infestation of black beard algae last month, but the Excel cleared it right up (looked like someone washed a black dog & threw the fur in his tank, honestly, & it's all better now!). I took the mosquito fish out & moved them to another tank a few weeks ago when they were picking on the cories, & added a couple more cory cats yesterday.

10gal14July4359_zpsdmilv9nh.jpg

• 4 months later...