Sign in to follow this  
CourtneyandThunder

Free 75 Gallon

I gave my Oscar to my cousin who has a 150gallon, he was getting to big for my 75 gallon, very sad to see him go. But now I have a free 75 gallon. I have a 75 gallon fancy goldfish tank, now I want something different. Commons, comets, sarasa. Any advice on what to get and how many to live in a 75 gallon forever????

More goldfish of a different variety, perhaps? Maybe some of the more delicate breeds, like bubble eyes?

I would say 3-4 fish in there depending on which type you go with. If you put 3 they will have 25 gallons per fish, if you put 4 they will have 18.75 gallons per fish. 

Parrot fish.

You could do shubunkins if you're looking to do goldfish, but something different than fancies. They're really quite beautiful and they're like the commons but more colorful. 

I do like a nice shubunkin with long fins. Very good looking fish. 3 would be ideal, with a bristlenose pleco. Just my thoughts.

Shubbies look just as good from the side as they do the top. I third that suggestion, definitely.

How wonderful for you to re-home your Oscar to your Cousin's huge 150g tank.  If you live close by at least you'll be able to visit.

Have fun stocking your new 75g tank with what you like.

What about sarasa???  How many?? Or save some feeder goldfish I was thinking. Im not sure if we can get shubunkins but I will look. I think Im going to keep it at 3!!! Im off today to get them. Yes my Oscar was getting soooo big he needed a new home and I can visit him any time.