After Water Change Gasping

Acro

Sometimes, after a water change, my fish start gasping.  They eventually stop and begin acting normal.  But what might cause this? 

How much do you change? My act all hyper when I do a water change. What are the tap parameters, ammonia, nitrite and nitrates at? You could test the tap water be sure to also add a water conditioner. I put it in BEFORE I add the water.

I don't have answers for many of the questions (and I know I've gotta help you to help me), but I'll tell you what I know . . .

What is the ph kh ang gh of the tank before WC and that of your tap? It could be a variation of one of those.

I really haven't paid much attention to this in order to compare.  Next water change I'll do so.

Well water or city water? Dexhlorinator?

City water, Tetra AquaSafe Plus (I've been using it for years).

Are there lots of fine bubbles on the glass and in the tank?

Sometimes.  The last water change did have lots of fine bubbles.

How much do you change? My act all hyper when I do a water change. What are the tap parameters, ammonia, nitrite and nitrates at? You could test the tap water be sure to also add a water conditioner. I put it in BEFORE I add the water.

95%, haven't been checking since all seems good (besides the occasional gasping), are you saying to test the water with the conditioner in it?

Sean, can you show us this behavior on video, please?

I don't have a means to get a video, also it does not happen every time.  It occasionally happens and I have not figured out the trigger yet. 

Next water change is Friday, so we'll see if they do it again.  I'll be sure to test the water.  Thanks everyone!

Edited by Acro