• * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tank) 5
  • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops
  • * Water temperature? Unknown, my thermometer broke, but it normally sits around 24
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 600 Litres
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 3 Canisters for a Total of  4,500LPH
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? Every Week, 60-90%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? One Week ago, 90%, Doing another water change now.
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 6 Goldfish, between about 3-20cm (Body length), 2 Bristlenose Plecos
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? NLS Thera A 2-3 times a day, NLS Algae Gel Occasionally
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? No
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. None for individual fish, tank had last prazi round about 3 months ago
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? I think his right eye seems bigger than usual, but he has very big eyes anyway so it is hard to tell.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Sitting on the bottom, tilting to the side, at times he barely moves, even his gills and I think he is dead, when he goes move he tends to move slower than usual unless there is food around..when there is food he acts like his normal self for a few minutes and then goes back to sitting around and moving slowly

These results are kind of strange for me, normally my nitrates would get to at least 20 in a week, but the past few weeks they've been sitting at 5...I've done the test multiple times worried I was making a mistake.

He has been acting like this for a few days, but today it seems a lot worse, he was just laying on the bottom, tilted slightly, I couldn't even see his gills moving.

I'm also uploading a video of him swimming so you can see that as well.

In this picture you can kind of see how he is a bit tilted

YotHFvx.jpg

He is not a confirmed male, I've actually being thinking he is a she, but am just so used to calling him a he I always do :P

Here is the other video

Edited by FishyMandy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helper

Oh Mandy,  I hope you get him better quick.  Poor little fellow!  :tou  :bighug

Thank you Ree :* :heart I know he is quite popular with some people here too ;-;

He seems to have perked up a bit since the water change, is looking for food again, but still seems like he is getting tired out really easily?

Edited by FishyMandy

Just throwing this out there (without advice on what to do, as I'm not a mod), but former forum member and mentor Trinket taught me long ago that tilting was often a sign of heavy parasite loads. Just for everyone's consideration...

• Helper

So since making this everyones seems to have gone back to normal...I'm still interested in what could be causing it though as Abraham has been bottom sitting lately, and spending time just letting the bubbles from the airstone push him to the top.

• Helper

It's been happening for a few days though, just today it really scared me because when I found him he was laying on his side and I couldn't see any gill or mouth movement at all

• Helper

Thanks, it just seems really strange, he was like that for maybe 5-10 minutes, then was just slow and bottomsitting and now he is back to his normal self, even perkier than he was a few days ago

It's been happening for a few days though, just today it really scared me because when I found him he was laying on his side and I couldn't see any gill or mouth movement at all

Thanks, it just seems really strange, he was like that for maybe 5-10 minutes, then was just slow and bottomsitting and now he is back to his normal self, even perkier than he was a few days ago

Abraham!  What are you doing scaring your mummy like that?????  :doh11:

I'm so pleased he's pick up some!  :hi

Edited by Ree

Mandy, I'm sorry about your beautiful fish.

Can you list meds that you gave on hand?

Have you seen your fish pooping? Not just the one who is bottom sitting but the others also. What's the poop look like? Have you fasted anytime recently?

Edited by LisaCGold

poor guy, I hope he (and the rest) perk up. Beautiful crowd, I'm not sure I've seen a video of them but it was different and really nice to see them swimming together. :)

• Helper

Im Almost thinking you need to do another Prazi round hun... lets see what the other mods think.

Thanks everyone. I was considering doing more prazi round anyway so i might just do that. Abraha is back to drifting in the bubbles today

btw i cant get on the forum from my computer right now. .only from tapatalk. i get an error otherwise  NVM once i posted this it started working again :rofl

Edited by FishyMandy

• Helper

Mandy, I'm sorry about your beautiful fish.

Can you list meds that you gave on hand?

Have you seen your fish pooping? Not just the one who is bottom sitting but the others also. What's the poop look like? Have you fasted anytime recently?

I have 200mg of Metro, Prazi, Yellow Powder, Melafix and Tri Sulfa. I also have some gel food with metro in it, frozen, about 2 months old now so will be getting chucked out soon

Their poop looks normal, solid and not to long, same colour as their food. They didn't eat for a day about 3-4 days ago, but that was mainly because I got busy and forgot rather than deliberately fasting them :hide:

Is Prazi safe to use with my BNs? What about Salt? I have anubias and  anacharis in there. Or would it be best just to do the prazi without salt?

Edited by FishyMandy

• Helper

:wall

Is 0.3% Salt safe for the BN Plecos? I've noticed ich in my main tank today...I thought I was careful not to cross contaminate when Chico had ich when I got her home, but obviously I messed up somewhere :cry: White spots over Cali, Abraham and Honeys fins so far :(

If the salt isn't safe for the plecs how will I treat them?

Also How is the best way to sterelize my python? .-.

Edited by FishyMandy

• Helper

Okay, sorry for the fourth post in a row but I just really want to start salting my tank ASAP...

I've read conflicting advice on how much salt and how much of an increase the plecos can handle. I was thinking of just moving them and my plants to a tub and treat them with salt at a lower level, while treating my goldies as per the normal routine for ich...Then I can treat my goldies without worrying so much about my plecos. I wouldn't want to hurt my plecos while trying to help them :o

So I'm going to separate the plecos for now and wait for advice on how best to treat them, and start salting for my goldies, Can I do Prazi at the same time as the ich treatment?

Edited by FishyMandy

I can't answer your question on the salt for the ich, but for sterilizing your python I would recommend taking it apart and washing the parts with a bleach solution and then rinsing them thoroughly with warm water. The tubing you can spray the outside and inside with the same and then run them under warm water, but I recommend doing this in the bathtub where it won't be a big mess. That's how I do it anyways. Others might have a better method. 

Edited by goldfishgirl82

• Helper

Thanks, Mine is mostly apart now anyway because the switch part broke lol. I'm mainly worried about getting all of the bleach solution out of the inside of the tubing @_@ I struggle enough getting all the water out after water changes lol.

Right now I've removed my plants and the BNs until further advice and started salting the tank, I have 0.1% salt (600grams) desolving right now.