It finally happened!

I met a fish to be a companion for my fantail of 6 years, Duchess! 

I had been looking at local fish stores and online since early April, thinking that I would find another little tiny fantail to raise like I did Queenie (D's former tankmate) and Duchess. I was nervous this morning as I prepared to go to northern NJ to a Petsmart since I'd been having bad luck with specialty stores. 

To my delight, every single fish tank of all species was immaculate and all the fish looked very well! And then, while there was a very charming little fantail, I met... 

AN ORANDA!

20150507_154914_zpsqzdpws4u.jpg

She (I am hoping she's a she) has a 1.5 inch body length and a double tail. She followed my finger all over the tank and got excited whenever she saw me even though my boyfriend was also standing there. She's the one! I hope she makes it through QT. She is currently trying to eat her plastic plants since foraging obviously isn't working out.

Another bad picture and a little video: 

20150507_154931_zpsmxplxq9y.jpg

Adorable little Oranda! :D Congrats!!

Do you have any name ideas for him/her yet?

Thanks! 

Jared, I'm planning to increase the salt to .3% and do 5-day Prazi rounds with the hope that nothing else crops up. In the meantime, I'm hoping I can figure out what's wrong with Duchess in my main tank (the "Flashing or just clumsy" thread in D&D).

No ideas for her name yet: I'm waiting for her to tell me :)

No ideas for her name yet: I'm waiting for her to tell me :)

That's sort of how I get my names too. :) I still have one un-named (as you can see in my signature). 

Edited by goldfishgirl82

• Helper

So beautiful. I have such a soft spot for orange orandas. :heart Here's to a boring QT!

Yes! Boring quarantines are the best! What a cute little oranda you found :)