Sanitizing Tanks/Equipment

Hey guys!  I upgraded my goldies from a 29 to a 60 gallon a couple of months ago.  The 29 was quickly rinsed, emptied and filters taken apart.  Today I took it outside and rinsed everything really good, since it was hard for me to clean it thoroughly when I took it down because it was still cold here in MN and the hose wasn't on yet.  I am wondering if this will be good enough-I would like to avoid bleach if possible and the tank has been sitting completely dry for a since the beginning of March.  Also the fish that were in it before were all healthy.  I would like to get it started up again soon so if anyone can help I would appreciate it!

I just wanted to avoid bleach because I am paranoid LOL.  Also the fish that were in this tank were healthy, and it has been bone dry for two months, so I thought maybe I wouldn't need to use anything other than giving it a good rinse and scrub.  I have never used PP before-is it something I get at the LFS?

When you have the tank cleaned, I would recommend looking all the silicon over as this can shrink when being dry for a longer period of time.

The way to get bleach out of a tank, is just to clean with fresh water over, over, over and over again.

• Helper

I just bleached my tank and equipment, and boiled what couldnt be bleached, a few hours ago. I wish I'd had PP here (its on order) because small residual amounts of it are much less dangerous to your fish than bleach. The benefit of bleach I'd that it not only oxidizes off, you can use your Prime to deal with any residue after rinsing.

But potassium permanganate is just better suited to this task.