Another Fish

I am down to 1 fish. A calico fantail. We have had her about 3 years now. We started with 3 and she's the last survivor. She seems lonely to me and bored. Only time she seems perky is feeding time. Her best bud was a black moor. They swam together, ate together, slept next to each other. Wondering about getting another. If I do; should I try to get one close to the same size, a little smaller or get another type? Her buddy was bought at the same time from the same tank. Another was from a different tank-a comet-and it bullied both the calico and the moor. I'm scared about the personalities clashing, disease, stress possibly killing the remaining fish I have. Should I leave well enough alone?  Not sure what to do. How do you guys handle this? 

I think ONE in a really nice tank with plants & interesting stuff would probably be just fine! But having said that.....I don't know that I have EVER had just ONE in a tank!!  But that is because I ALWAYS see another goldie that gives me "the look" & before I know what happened I have it in a bag!!!

Getting a new fish is up to you. Here are a few questions to ask yourself before getting another fish:

• Do I have 15-20 gallons of water per fish if I add another fish?
  • Do I have the ability to do a 4 to 6 week quarantine for the new fish?
  • Do I have the money to do prazi for the new fish for 4-6 weeks, along with any antibiotics are needed?