Which brand of trace Elements, buffer and test kits

Hello everybody. I´m a new member here. I will put my goldfish tank in the next months. I have read that it is very important to add trace elements to the water changes, and buffer. I will put some aragonite in my wet dry filter and I would like to know what brand of buffer and trace elements do you recommend to put into the weekly water change? I would like to know too which brand of test kits do you recommend for a goldfish tank... Thank you very much in advance...

Best Regards

Paulo

You do not need to add trace elements unless you are using RO/DI water. You do not need to buffer unless your PH between your aquarium and tap water have a PH difference of greater than 0.5ppm, or if your GH or KH are low.

I would suggest purchasing the API Freshwater Master test kit and the API GH/KH test kit to be able to tell if you will need to buffer or not. Drop test kits are much better than strip kits because they are more accurate, last longer, and are cheaper in the long run than strips.

Edited by ChelseaM

Chelsea said everything I would say as far as your question goes. I just wanted to say hello  :hi  and  :welcome ! I hope you will find this to be a great place for all the goldfish information you may need. :)

Edited by goldfishgirl82

Thank you very much for your information Chelseam and goldfishgirl82. There is an excellent article about trace elements written by Timothy A. Hovanec.......... Yes I will go for API test kits...

Best Regards

Paulin