Male turkey dances to impress the ladies

mysterygirl

Let me preface this by saying that seeing a male turkey dance was on my bucket list. Where I live, wild turkeys are around and appreciated, people leave them alone to do their thing like quail or mourning doves.  

So when I saw this male trying to impress 3 hens just walking distance from my house the cameras started rolling. 

What do you think? Click the link for the video.

Awesome! We used to have tons of turkeys where i grew up, but i can't help but wonder if i never saw a male strut his stuff. What a sight.

That's awesome. I was driving along the AC Expressway here in NJ this week and saw a turkey all puffed up like this in front of two ladies. I didn't get a chance to stop and watch, so this is really cool to see.

:rofl  The females didn't seem all that impressed.  :rofl

Awe, they appear to be ignoring him :P

Don't you love the one busy preening herself?  I think I would call that the turkey equivalent of putting on makeup.

I'm no female turkey, but impressive :P

I know, right? He certainly had me mesmerized for 15 minutes.  The entire time I was watching his tail never folded ONCE.  He was still strutting his stuff when I left.

I'm so glad you all enjoyed the dancing too.