veggie micro pellets?

lizam

I was cross boarder shopping from Canada to US and was excited to find Omega One Veggie micro pellets. Is this a good thing to supplement goldfish diets with? My baby oranda is maybe 2 inches with tailfin included.  I am waiting for my repashy to come in that ordered but I was able to find Nutrafin sinking pellets locally - even those seem almost too big for her! But she's a trooper :)

I was also pretty excited to hit the last day of the $1 per gallon sale at Petco. Her new permanent home will be set up shortly :)

Variety is certainly the spice of life. :)

Until your repashy comes, you can crush the current pellets up with some spoons or in a pestle and mortar. That should make things a bit easier for her.

Congrats on getting a new tank at the Dollar Per Gallon Sale at Petco.  What size tank did you get?

Or, you can do what I do about too large of a pellet.         Hammer.  hahaha

I have pellets that are too big for my tropical fish and just put part of a paper towel on top of them and give my hammer a couple of gentle whacks.  :P 

The things we do for our fish. 

Congrats on getting a new tank at the Dollar Per Gallon Sale at Petco.  What size tank did you get?

Or, you can do what I do about too large of a pellet.         Hammer.  hahaha

I have pellets that are too big for my tropical fish and just put part of a paper towel on top of them and give my hammer a couple of gentle whacks.  :P 

The things we do for our fish.

...It's true :) I used my meat hammer and pounded some out for her. I got the 29 gallon tank for her. I want to get her an oranda friend and the 29 gallon should be okay for a year or two because she's so small. I just love her, she reminds me of a little swimming cherub :)

Edited by lizam