60 gallon needs redone.

I moved the parrot fish into that tank and they are steering up the gravel/dirt.  So the tank is murky.  I need to take it down remove the gravel/dirt put something else in there and put it back up.  But it is going to be a big pain cause I am to short to reach the bottom.  /grrrr   :sick

I hinted to hubby about it but he is not wanting to or not taking the bait.  :no:

• Helper

My husband always makes me do it myself. If I ask reeeeeally nicely and it's obviously too heavy for me, he'll provide the lifting muscles to assist in moving gravel or water. But that is about the extent of it!

Ya I know I can do nets. Its just messy and a pain when you have dirt in the tank to get it all.  Today the tank does not look so murky.

Ok got the substrate and gravel to mix with it. Just got to make myself do it.  

Today the tank is so murky it is almost black.

Edited by Hidr

Gosh, I thought I said something here the other day.  Maybe I forgot to hit the post button. :(

I thought I had asked:   Did you get a new fish?  I didn't know you had a Parrot Fish.  Photo, Photo, Photo. Please. :)

The parrot fish were living with the oscars.  When I moved the oscars from the 150 to the 75 I put the parrot fish in the 60.

Now I got to figure out how to get that last inch of water out with the rest of the much floating in it.

Ok taking a short break while I figure out this last part.

I know I can get the rest of the blue rock out.  But thinking I may need to go ahead and add the substrate after that.  Then do a fill and empty a couple times to get as much of the rest of the dirt out?

Or  does someone have a better idea? /please

Water is a little hazy but not black anymore. I used the cheep camera so a tad grainy. It looks a little bare with less plants but there is more room for the parrot fish.  

I also had to move the bigger cave out.  Parrot fish tried to get stuck in it.  Put smaller ones in for the BN.  He likes them.

I have my Dragon Lord in the goldfish tank.  

008_zpsikmoxcks.jpg

007_zpsmkalilnu.jpg

Edited by Hidr

Shut it down. Added the filter to the 75 gallon.  Moved the parrot fish to the 75.  Moved the rest to the 20.  I hate that tank and now I have an opportunity to shut it down so took it.

Maybe after it sits there a while empty hubby will let me sell it.  Or if I can find/make a better spot for it.

Edited by Hidr

• Helper

Your blood parrots are gorgeous! Looooove their deep orange color - it's not washed out at all, which is somewhat unusual. Most of the time I see those fish they are in too small of an aquarium and under loads of stress :P

Not at all. They were when I first got them. But being raised in a tank with oscars they over came that quickly.

Update. Parrots were moved into the 75 with the oscars extra filtration and now taking gravel out of 60 for Luna. And most likely Blinky cause he/she is so small. Seems Ru, Buttons, Bows and Shimmer are all boys.  Poor Luna they only love her.

Have a new fluval I well be setting up for this tank.  The instructions for the set up look so complicated.  Going bare bottom to make the tank easier to tend to since I have so much trouble reaching the bottom.   So now I have two goldfish tanks. And room for more goldfish when stuff settles down.

Edited by Hidr