Treating with Kusuri

So I am planning on treating both my goldfish tanks for flukes as I have never treated them for them before but how do I go about it?? I now have prime and Kusuri Wormer Plus but I have no clue how to treat them or what to do when treating them do I need to add salt?? Any help is appreciated and also if this is in the wrong place please can you move it 

So I am planning on treating both my goldfish tanks for flukes as I have never treated them for them before but how do I go about it?? I now have prime and Kusuri Wormer Plus but I have no clue how to treat them or what to do when treating them do I need to add salt?? Any help is appreciated and also if this is in the wrong place please can you move it 

Yes, Flubendazole can be used with aquarium salt at 0.1% (1 Teaspoon per gallon).  Canning/pickling salt can be substituted for aquarium salt at 3/4 Teaspoon per gallon.  The salt helps to prevent secondary bacterial infections that may occur due to the die off of the flukes.  You can follow one of the the Prazi Protocol schedules located in the link just below my signature.

Yes, Flubendazole can be used with aquarium salt at 0.1% (1 Teaspoon per gallon).  Canning/pickling salt can be substituted for aquarium salt at 3/4 Teaspoon per gallon.  The salt helps to prevent secondary bacterial infections that may occur due to the die off of the flukes.  You can follow one of the the Prazi Protocol schedules located in the link just below my signature.
Thanks for the info and I will start the treatment asap :)

Either treatment schedule is fine for first time. You'll want to do at least three to four rounds of Prazi this first time, more rounds if symptoms persist. What other meds do you have? This is just in case any secondary infections happen as a result of treatment.

Either treatment schedule is fine for first time. You'll want to do at least three to four rounds of Prazi this first time, more rounds if symptoms persist. What other meds do you have? This is just in case any secondary infections happen as a result of treatment.

I have some fungal ones and a few other random ones I think I don't know the names but can have a quick look soon :)

Can you list the names of the other meds you have on hand?

Before you start your treatment, please fill out the D&D form (see my signature below) and post here. I think you've done this before, and it would be good to baseline the system you are going to treat.

Edited by LisaCGold

Can you list the names of the other meds you have on hand?

Before you start your treatment, please fill out the D&D form (see my signature below) and post here. I think you've done this before, and it would be good to baseline the system you are going to treat.

the other treatments I have are 

• epsom salt
  • salt
  • eSHa EXIT 
  • eSHa 2000
  • Tetra Goldfish GoldMed
  • A little bit of Waterlife Protozin

You'll want to try to get Seachem metroplex and Seachem Kanaplex. Here is link to ordering Kanaplex online

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seachem-Laboratories-116088107-Kanaplex-5gm/dp/B0002DGMXY

Why may I ask?? 

Sometimes treating your goldfish for flukes will result in secondary infections. This happened to my goldfish. A secondary infection could occur when the flukes die off leaving tears in the slime coat of the goldfish, gills and other places that somehow cannot heal effectively with just salt and clean water resulting in leaving your goldfish susceptible to bacterial infections. These infections could be gram negative and/or gram positive bacteria. Kanamycin (Seachem Kanaplex) and metronidazole (Seachem Metroplex) together cover most gram negative and gram positive bacteria.

Usually salt and clean water is enough to keep the secondary infection at bay; sometimes it is not enough. It depends on how bad the fluke infestation is. It maybe possible to tell how bad the infestation is by the symptoms that are presenting now, but sometimes this method doesn't work. In any case, it is best to have antibiotics for fish that cover a range of bacteria.

Secondary infections may start around the 2 round of kusuri wormer plus. Just keep in touch with us about how things are going with your fish and we can let you know when to use the antibiotics or not.

• Helper

And if something aggressive befalls your goldfish, you really want to have a fishy medicine cabinet. I'm firmly convinced the only reason my fish are still alive is because I was paranoid and stocked up on salt, epsom salt, fluke treatment, basic gram positive and gram negative antibiotics, as well as several basic fungicides. They've saved my bacon more than once, especially when the local stores have spotty stock :)

Edited by Arctic Mama

I think I am going to start treatment for flukes tomorrow and maybe do the five day rounds but I'm not sure and this week I should be able to buy the kanaplex so if they need treating for anything that water can't cure then I will have that :)

• 4 weeks later...

So i have loosely been following the 5 day treatment schedule as I have been sick and have had a lot of homework and I have just finished round three but I think I'm going to stop it as I have sadly lost Darcy and the new little shubunkin and all my other goldfish have ragged fins and I don't want to loose any more. I have performed a 90% in the tank Darcy and the shubunkin were in yesterday but I woke up and found them both dead and I am about to perform a 90% on my other tank but what should I do the ragged fins are pretty bad and a couple of the goldfish had maybe one or two rips in their tails and I thought it was just from when I weighed them but all the goldfish's tails are ragged and diminishing everyday :( ;(

I'm sorry about the loss of your fish. Do you have regular salt in the water? If so, what concentration?

Also, please fill out the D&D form. Link is below my signature. We need this information to better assist you.

Pictures or video will also be helpful.

Edited by LisaCGold

I'm sorry about the loss of your fish. Do you have regular salt in the water? If so, what concentration?

Also, please fill out the D&D form. Link is below my signature. We need this information to better assist you.

Pictures or video will also be helpful.

I have aquarium salt in the tank at 3/4 teaspoon but I haven't topped it up again in either tank and I believe that the salt was 0.1% concentration

Just found gizmo dead and I am afraid my blue oranda is going to go next so as soon as I get home as I am about to go out I will answer the d&d form but I now have 3 goldfish in both tanks :(