What is the difference between...

1) Seachem Prime and Seachem Oasis Pond Prime?

2) Hikari Prazipro and Hikari Prazipro Pond?

I ordered the ones that don't say "pond" but now I am wondering if there is really any difference aside from perhaps concentration.  It seems strange that a more concentrated pond version would be less expensive.

Edited by Josie

According to Seachem, it is not more concentrated, and  it is exactly the same product, but the dosage is lower for ponds since they typically have a greater surface to volume ratio, and thus better gas (including chlorine) exchange.  They say that you must use Pond Prime at the same dosage as regular Prime in your aquarium.

I find this rather strange, since you would expect the bottle to include information on the aquarium dosage, as well as a warning that a deep pond with a small surface area might need a higher dose.    :idont

According to Seachem, it is not more concentrated, and  it is exactly the same product, but the dosage is lower for ponds since they typically have a greater surface to volume ratio, and thus better gas (including chlorine) exchange.  They say that you must use Pond Prime at the same dosage as regular Prime in your aquarium.

I find this rather strange, since you would expect the bottle to include information on the aquarium dosage, as well as a warning that a deep pond with a small surface area might need a higher dose.    :idont

Good info, thanks!  i find it strange too since the Pond Prime is less expensive, I found the 2 Liter bottle for only $34.99.  So potentially I could use the Pond Prime in my aquarium, I would just use the dosage from my regular bottle of Prime.  For some reason it still makes me nervous, if it is the same product why would it be marketed two different ways at two different price points?

Edited by Josie