Freckles or something sinister?

Ree

I'm sorry...let's just keep track of exactly the present time. What meds went in today? Thanks

that's ok,

pOdge - 40L - was 33g 4 days ago

2 prazi tablets

1 200 metro

2 measures kanaplex

2tsp Epsom salts

Louie - 13L - was 6g 4 days ago (I'll disinfect pOdges 16L and pop Louie in it tomorrow)

1 prazi tablet

1 measure kanaplex

3tsp rock salt - 0.1%

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in the process of rinsing and priming the container, sorry, its taking longer than I thought it would :doh11: . pOdge looks a little more active this morning, but otherwise about the same. Louie is about the same too.

Is it possible to upload videos onto photobucket? I don't have a youtube account, and we are on satellite internet. It drops out every 1-5 min and you have to keep reconnecting :thumbdown .

You should be able to upload to photobucket. I hope that it will go more smoothly for you.

Thankyou for all your help dnalex.  I just tried uploading a video onto photo bucket but it didn't work.  Is there any special format it needs to be in or a specific size limit?  The video wasn't great anyway.  Ill try to get my wonderful tech savvy hubby to help me in the morning.

Edit:  Hang on it might have worked....Nope it didn't.. it says gives me an error message when I paste the link and try to save changes:

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Edited by Ree

Ill try this one

http://vid1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag52/Reesbucket/Louie%2005_07_15/SANY0816_zpsvkem0vcp.mp4

Yay that one worked.

It isn't a great video.  This is Louie.  She is swimming with her left side lower than her right.  I will try to get another one tomorrow showing it better.

Edited by Ree

I'm sorry...let's just keep track of exactly the present time. What meds went in today? Thanks

that's ok,

pOdge - 40L - was 33g 4 days ago

2 prazi tablets

1 200 metro

2 measures kanaplex

2tsp Epsom salts

Louie - 13L - was 6g 4 days ago (I'll disinfect pOdges 16L and pop Louie in it tomorrow)

1 prazi tablet

1 measure kanaplex

3tsp rock salt - 0.1%

Have you been checking your water parameters? I'm assuming that these tanks are uncycled?

How many days total has Podge been in metro?

I'd like for you to do a 100% WC and redose today, please.

Hang in there.

that's ok,

pOdge - 40L - was 33g 4 days ago

2 prazi tablets

1 200 metro

2 measures kanaplex

2tsp Epsom salts

Louie - 13L - was 6g 4 days ago (I'll disinfect pOdges 16L and pop Louie in it tomorrow)

1 prazi tablet

1 measure kanaplex

3tsp rock salt - 0.1%

Have you been checking your water parameters? I'm assuming that these tanks are uncycled?

How many days total has Podge been in metro?

I'd like for you to do a 100% WC and redose today, please.

Hang in there.

I gave him his first tablet about 7 hours ago.  I will do 100% water change tonight, so that is another 17 hours away.  That is one 100% change after a 100% change 24hrs previously.  Is that making sense.  Its late here, my brain has stoped working.

These are the lengths of time they have been on each med (in blue) as of when the dose was administered 7 hours ago.

2 prazi tablets - start day 7

1 200 metro - start of day 1

2 measures kanaplex - start of day 1 (had 3 days worth then one day rest, then today start again).

2tsp Epsom salts - start of day 2

Louie - 13L - was 6g 4 days ago

1 prazi tablet - start day 7

1 measure kanaplex - start of day 5

3tsp rock salt - 0.1%

The tanks are uncycled, but I have been keeping an eye on the parameters and the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all 0, as are the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels in the tap water.  I have been checking their levels prior to doing there water changes every 24hours.  I have been double dosing the tanks with prime to ensure no toxic ammonia is present and no nitrites develop, and when I do their water changes I make sure I clean all the surfaces in the tank (including the filter and the filter media) to eliminate any bb's starting so they wont produce nitrite while they are on their meds. 

Am I doing the right thing? 

dnalex, thankyou so much for the encouragement.  I really needed it today.  Thankyou!

NOOOOOO!  Ive just noticed pOdges new container has a crack in the bottom!  :doh11:   Can I chuck a very very small tanty?   :tantrum

The leak is very very slow, like a drop every 1/2hr.  Hopefully it will last till the morning  .  :cry

Are you doing 5 day Prazi rounds? And why the day's rest from kana?

I should have been but got muddled up.  Should I continue to day ten then rest?  or should I rest and start from day 6 again?

dnalex said not to put the kana in yesterdays WC, but to put it in with todays WC.

dnalex, on 06 May 2015 - 4:01 PM, said:snapback.png

Let's hold off on replacing the kanaplex tonight. Once you have decided on the tank situation, you can add the metro, kana, and epsom together to start a new treatment cycle.

Edited by Ree

Are you doing 5 day Prazi rounds? And why the day's rest from kana?

I should have been but got muddled up.  Should I continue to day ten then rest?  or should I rest and start from day 6 again?

dnalex said not to put the kana in yesterdays WC, but to put it in with todays WC.

dnalex, on 06 May 2015 - 4:01 PM, said:snapback.png

Let's hold off on replacing the kanaplex tonight. Once you have decided on the tank situation, you can add the metro, kana, and epsom together to start a new treatment cycle.

Did I do the wrong thing?  Did I misunderstand?  :(

It doesn't matter...what matters most at this point is:

1) crack-free tanks

2) all tanks have 100% new water after water change, since it's day 4 anyways

3) appropriate new meds added to the tanks

1) crack-free tanks

ok dnalex, thanks. I'll see what I can do today about the tank.  The leak is only very slow, so I should have enough time to sort something out.

Edited by Ree

todays doses -

both tanks tested 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrites & 0ppm nitrates prior to water change.

These are the lengths of time they have been on each med (in blue) as of when the dose was administered 1 hour ago.

0 prazi tablets - 

1 200 metro - start of day 2

2 measures kanaplex - start of day 2

2tsp Epsom salts - start of day 3

0 prazi tablet - 

1 measure kanaplex - start of day 6

3tsp rock salt - 0.1%

1) crack-free tanks

ok dnalex, thanks. I'll see what I can do today about the tank.  The leak is only very slow, so I should have enough time to sort something out.

Ok, Check, check and check!  :thumbup2:

I think we have solved the leak problem for the moment, tanks have both had 100% water changes, and meds were administered as above. 

pOdge and Louie didn't eat that much for their dinner again (gel food), and not much for breakfast (flakes), so I removed what wasn't eaten after 5 min.  The water temp has dropped to 18 degrees, so would that mean they would eat less?  The were sucking the food in then spitting it out.  I have some other gel food I might make for them tomorrow to see if its the food they don't like.

I went to take a video of Louie swimming sideways, and she wouldn't do it this afternoon.  May be she is ok now?  She seemed calmer today, and interacted a little more.  She is getting really good at being handled too.  That amazed me.  When I pick her up she stays nice and still till she is in her new water. 

pOdge is still yawning a lot, surface gulping, red marks and blush unchanged, and the remaining symptoms are unchanged as well.  Only his activity level has slightly increased. 

So....

How long do I keep Louie on the kanaplex?

After how many days after coming off the kanaplex can I consider putting her in the main tank?

The main tank is nearing the end of the cycling I think.  Ammonia registered 0ppm today, Nitirites 4ppm and Nitrates just starting to show up.  Added more fish food to up the Ammonia again.

How long do I keep pOdge on

Kanaplex?

Metro?

Let's keep things as they are, and update daily, and we will go from there. When you update, not the total amount of days they have been in each med, if you would, please. :)

Let's keep things as they are, and update daily, and we will go from there. When you update, not the total amount of days they have been in each med, if you would, please. :)

Ok, no problem.   Thanks so much for your help dnalex.  Its very much appreciated.

todays doses -

both tanks tested 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrites & 0ppm nitrates prior to 100% water change again.

2 prazi tablets

1 200 metro

2 measures kanaplex

2tsp Epsom salts

1 prazi tablet

1 measure kanaplex

3tsp rock salt - 0.1%

Symptoms the same for pOdge, no noticeable improvement.  I have noticed though that he is a lot more scared and skittish today than he has been.  Don't know what that means.

Louie seems heaps better, no swimming sideways that I have noticed today.

Their water temp is now down to 17 degrees Celsius.  

Both ate all their breakfast this morning (Nutridiet Chlorella Flakes soaked prior to feeding), and I have given them a small square of New Life Spectrum Algae Gel each for dinner (their first meal ever with this food), which they seem more interested in than the other gel food.  They are eating it now, so I'll let you know if they have eaten more than yesterday in an hour or so.

Louie has eaten nearly all her dinner.... YAY!  :happydance and is pooooooping beautifully!  (too much information??? :teehee )

and pOdge ate at least half of his :thud, a big improvement on yesterday...  

Are we getting there?????????? :hide:

• Helper

Eating is great! A really, really sick fish doesn't usually eat anymore, especially with bacterial infections. I agree with fantailfan - any petechaie improvement? Podge was so swollen I keep hoping that is subsiding for his sake!

Edited by Arctic Mama

How do the little pinprick hemorrhages look?  :idont   Any change?

The pinprick haemorrhages still look the same, I think?  Ill try to get a picture when my hubby gets home and post it for you. That should give the best comparison.

pOdge is defiantly swimming around a lot today.  He doesn't appear to be bottom sitting as much, but is still surface gulping and fin clamping his dorsal, but I don't think that is as clamped as it was either.  Its harder to monitor him in the new QT tub as it is not opaque, and I can only see him from the top. 

Ill give a proper update when I upload the photos in a few hours.  :hi

Eating is great! A really, really sick fish doesn't usually eat anymore, especially with bacterial infections. I agree with fantailfan - any petechaie improvement? Podge was so swollen I keep hoping that is subsiding for his sake!

Thankyou Arctic Mama!  I am a little relived.  His swelling is about the same, but maybe that is his size?  He was very very round when I got him.  Do you think that that was one of his symptoms?  These symptoms only showed up less than 48 hours after I got him when I increased the temperature for the ick.  Could he have been swollen in the shop and I didn't notice because he is a pearlscale? 

Hi,

todays doses -

Both tanks tested 0.05ppm approx. ammonia (just the very slightest hint of green to the yellow, hardly perceptible), 0ppm nitrites & 0ppm nitrates prior to 100% water change again.  Ph8.3.  I think the ammonia was due to the fact that I gave them their dinner in their QT tanks yesterday instead of in their holding bowls.  It made a huge mess, so wont be doing that again!

In both tanks all surfaces and filters were thoroughly cleaned with tap water, then rinsed twice in tap water, then once in primed tap water before being filled with primed tap water.  The tapwater readings were 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrites & 0ppm nitrates.  Ph8.2

2 prazi tablets

1 200 metro

2 measures kanaplex

2tsp Epsom salts

1 prazi tablet

1 measure kanaplex

3tsp rock salt - 0.1%

Here are pOdges latest pics.  I am very very careful how I hold him, and he is getting used to it now.  He doesn't wiggle hardly at all when I pick him up, and I'm careful not to damage his fins. 

I will also upload a video of him in a few min. 

I cant really tell if the spots have lessened or not.  I will let you interpret from the photos posted previously.

There is a new symptom.  He has a blood streak in his tail which was not there until late this afternoon.  I will keep an eye on this and take another lot of photos tomorrow to compare. 

05.10.15%20tail%20streak_zpsmt6ggrdl.jpg

right rump - spots well defined, blush across top of back.

05.10.15%20rump%20right_zpsrrdz0pyh.jpg

left rump - spots more defined?

05.10.15%20rump%20left_zpst9oupawe.jpg

left back - spots more defined, still blush apparent across top of back

05.10.15%20back%20left_zpsnglekf4d.jpg

tummy - spots lessening?

05.10.15%20tumy%20tail_zpsiupqns5q.jpg

scales lifting?  haven't seen this on other pics previous.

05.10.15%20scales_zpsmxbqy3xm.jpg

bottom - spots lessening???, scales lifting? tail streak visible here.

05.10.15%20bottom_zpsk2aowhgc.jpg

left side, gill colour same?, blush across top of back, spots lessening???

05.10.15%20side%20left_zps8rr6iwqo.jpg

right side - gill colour same?, blush across back not so noticeable this side?, some spots

05.10.15%20back%20right_zpslgoc0x8g.jpg

Edited by Ree