Sign in to follow this  
goldfishgirl82

Re-Homing: Giving Away Two Goldies, Selling One

Unfortunately, I thought my health was better than it's turning out to be lately, and I need to re-home a few of my fish to lighten the maintenance burden on myself. It will make the quality of life better for the fish I keep and those that get new homes in the end, so I think it's best. I have two that are free, I just ask that the person taking them pay the shipping costs to wherever they live. The other one I just recently bought off of Rain Garden's website and it cost quite a bit when you include the shipping. I will be asking some money for that one, plus the shipping, but it will be less than I paid for the fish originally. 

Shimmer

Calico Fantail, Male, I've had him since December. Approximate length with tail 5", without tail 3".

Cost of shipping only.

IMG_3343_zpssfg5ymin.jpg

IMG_3274_zpsake4dhow.jpg

Blinky

Calico Telescope, sex not yet known, I've had him/her since February (is a rescue). Measurements are approximately 3" total length, 1.5" without tail.

Cost of Shipping only.

20150322_215700-2_zps1mnlc0ce.jpg

IMG_3239_zps0ui7s2dq.jpg

IMG_3235_zpsw6n6vfyq.jpg

Tovi

Sakura Telescope, Male, I've had him since March. About 6" in total length, 4.5" without tail. From RAIN GARDEN.

$50.00 Plus Shipping

20150314_001050-2_zpswkswepuu.jpg

20150314_144546-2_zps6r8wm8m3.jpg

20150314_000508-2_zpserhgvkzh.jpg

IMG_3233_zpsl9a8vnrl.jpg

PM Me if you're interested or want any more information. I tried to include as much of it in this post as I could, but I may have forgotten something. I am in San Diego so please keep that in mind when thinking of the possible costs of shipping -- I will do overnight or Priority, but due to my shipping materials I can't do flat rate boxes (I am re-using fish boxes that I have available). I can't ship outside the United States and I can't ship to PO Boxes, APO/FPO boxes or US Territories. 

Edited by goldfishgirl82

I hope you feel better.

Thanks! It's chronic issues. I just need some time and money to work out a system to make water changing and maintenance easier on my body. My boyfriend has some ideas, we just have to get money together to implement them. :)

I hope you feel better.

Thanks! It's chronic issues. I just need some time and money to work out a system to make water changing and maintenance easier on my body. My boyfriend has some ideas, we just have to get money together to implement them. :)

I hope everything work's out for you!!!!!

Good luck and hope you feel better.

I'm in the same chronic long-term thing boat. I hope it improves for you. :k055:

Hopefully less mouths to feed makes life a little easier.

Edited by Chai

Sorry you are not doing well.  Good luck with finding great homes for your goldfish.

Times like this i wish I wasn't in Australia *wants Blinky very badly*

Good luck finding nice homes for them :heart

Sent you a message.

Aww! I'm sorry you're not doing well :bighug

Take care of yourself :)

Well, I have found a home for both Shimmer and Blinky.  :Jig:  I just need to find Tovi a home now. :)

Yep coming to live with me.

For waterchanges just a pondpump with a long hose (most pondpumps fit a normal aquarium hose. I have the Eheim compact and a the biggest green aquarium hose fits it perfectly) that goes to a toilet, shower or sink. My Eheim Compact 2000 empties my 125 gallon in 1 hour.

Then you just need a connector between your sink/shower facet and the hose you are using, then you can easily fill the tank again without buckets or anything.

All you have to is scrub the tank and use the gravel cleaner to get rid of the poop and stuff from the bottom :)

I use a pump for emptying, the problem is I can't refill straight from the tap... our water is full of ammonia and it's too much to be detoxified by just a conditioner alone. Even using the pre-filter for my hose that I have it only gets it down to 0.25 ppm which needs to sit with conditioner for a while before I'd be willing to put it in the tank with the fish in there. So, basically it's the re-filling that's the problem. Which I have a system that will work, I just can't afford the equipment yet (and I need to move some things out of the way to set it up). Soon. :)

Also, I am so strict about cross contamination between my tanks that it does complicate my life more than may be necessary. I use different pumps for each tank. 

Edited by goldfishgirl82

I'm sorry your having some health issues.  :hug I live in S.D. County also but unfortunately I'm not looking for more fish because my tank is stocked with 3 in a 60g .  I hope you find a wonderful home for your third fish.  That's great that Angie is taking two of them. 

How high is the ammonia coming out of tap hun....

Im so sorry hun... I know the pain.. I cant have my fish right now either... Got Raccoons and a 2 year old...

Guppies only for me now :(

Im so sorry hun... I know the pain.. I cant have my fish right now either... Got Raccoons and a 2 year old...

Koko, I didn't know you didn't have your goldfish anymore.  I'm sorry they had to be rehomed also. I like Guppies :)  especially those beautiful blue ones that I see at pet stores. Toddlers are a rewarding handful, aren't they?  :P  :heart  Before you know it Justine will be in school.  

Sorry for getting off topic a bit Crystal.

Oh Goldfishgirl82,

Im so sorry.  I can understand.  I don't have the luxury of pumps or anything yet, and have to rely on others to help.  And it sure makes my back ache!  I hope you can manage to keep some of your baby goldfish.  :bighug

Wish I could take some for you, but I'm in AUS and I only have room for one more at a big push, which might complicate my maintenance issues too much. 

Hope you feel better when you implement your management.  I would love to hear how you are going to manage!  I might pinch some ideas! :whistle

Koko, I didn't know you didn't have your goldfish anymore.  I'm sorry they had to be rehomed also. I like Guppies :)  especially those beautiful blue ones that I see at pet stores. Toddlers are a rewarding handful, aren't they?  :P  :heart  Before you know it Justine will be in school.  

Sorry for getting off topic a bit Crystal.

The Racoons ate them hun :(

One of the things you can do that might help is smaller water changes more often.... I have also seen people use garbage cans to age their water and a pump to add it to the tank.

Edited by Hidr

It has a range from 0.25 - 2.0 ppm. And it's not stable or predictable. There also seems to be other contaminants that cannot be tested for. Once I started using this carbon filter that attaches to the end of my hose to take those things out, it has helped. But I still don't feel safe running that directly into the water because it doesn't pull out all the ammonia. 

It has a range from 0.25 - 2.0 ppm. And it's not stable or predictable. There also seems to be other contaminants that cannot be tested for. Once I started using this carbon filter that attaches to the end of my hose to take those things out, it has helped. But I still don't feel safe running that directly into the water because it doesn't pull out all the ammonia. 

:yikes  Thats high hun... wow..

When I worked at a fish store a little over a year ago that's when I discovered what was going on. We could not rid the store's water of nitrates even when doing 90% water changes. When we did an analysis of the tap water we discovered it was because of what was going into the system. Even when we let it sit and age with prime in it, there were seriously high ammonia concentrations. I decided to see if my home water was the same and it was... and I bought tools to help. I went from having a constant battle with nitrates in my tanks that never went away to normal readings after doing several 50% water changes. My fish were so much better afterwards. Unfortunately, the couple fish I have who made it through all that are very sensitive to changes in water chemistry now. I am insanely careful about what water I put in their tank now. 

Edited by goldfishgirl82