First time fish owner >.<

Yennie

Hi, Koko's! First of all I want to thank mods for maintaining such a wonderful forum, I can only imagine how much work it is and how many fish you guys save!  :wub:

And a story time =) I kinda lied in a title =X Actually this is my second try in owning fish... But the first one was when I was probably 6 years old and noone around knew anything about keeping goldies.... And it was a pretty gold fish in a bowl with no filter =( I think I changed water once a week, though I kinda remember a weird rule "change water every time it turns green"  :scared The goldfish probably didn't survive a month, I don't remember clearly, but what I do remember is that it died from a quiet ugly head tumor thing 0_o Horrifying, I know. That combined with an unfortunate death of my pet mouse after I forgot it in a glass jar under wicked summer sunlight (omg, I think I was a demon child o,O) and I figured that I must have been cursed and can never keep small pets. Fast-forward 17 years and here I'm trying to break the curse xD One thing that I've learned from my neglect as a child was that small creatures need as much of care as big once if not more. 

So here I'm, determined to do things right this time around and learning a bunch every day =) 

And here our new family members - little fantail Ponyo (who likes long swims against a bubble wand and headbutting her tankmate if she finishes eating first) and longtailed ryukin Fuji (who likes to follow Ponyo around just close enough to barely touch fins  :heart )

3_zpswpzegysg.jpg

4_zpsimr6vjr9.jpg

5_zpsakrstsqj.jpg

Hello, welcome to Koko's! :)

I wish you good luck with your goldfish ;)

This is a great place for you to learn about goldfish with wonderful people to help you out along the way! :D

People are indeed wonderful, and they also have wonderful, healthy and beautiful fishies that are great inspiration <3 Thank you all for welcomes, its great to be here :)

Welcome to Kokos Yennie!

I have never found so much help and support before for a budding fish owner.  I joined not long ago, and have already had fishy type issues, and I'm pretty sure my fish would not be as happy as they are today without Koko and her team!  They are all helping me get them, and keep them, as healthy as spoilt goldies should be!

• Admin

Welcome to Kokos Yennie!

I have never found so much help and support before for a budding fish owner.  I joined not long ago, and have already had fishy type issues, and I'm pretty sure my fish would not be as happy as they are today without Koko and her team!  They are all helping me get them, and keep them, as healthy as spoilt goldies should be!

:9

Shakalo, thank you for the link, I read through it before, but I scanned through again just in case :)

Ree, I only registered few days ago and I already got good advice and I'm already fixing things I have done wrong hehe If not Kokos I don't know what would happen with this little guys >.<

Heidio30, Hidr, motherredcap - hi hi, glad to be here :) *wave*

• Helper

Welcome! Goldfish can be persnickety but SO rewarding. I am pretty sure most of us come to Koko's with a long trail of badly kept goldfish and learn to do better. You're not alone :)

Edited by Arctic Mama

thank you Kayla and 4prettyfish for compliments <3.<3 This little guys won my heart over in a matter of days >.< Arctic Mama, all the worries and extra care definitely pays off - just watching little cuties get all exited swimming towards the glass first thing in the morning (breakfast time lol) is a great way to start a day :D