* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0

* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0

* Nitrate level(Tap) 40

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.2

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

* Water temperature? 23 degrees

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 180g, 9 months at a guess

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2 x fx5

* How often do you change the water and how much? Every 5 days, 95%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 2 days ago, 95%

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 13, between 3 and 7", 2 plecos, some shrimp and snails

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Usually 3-4 times a day, recently only a couple of times a day. NLS Thera A, NLS Algaemax, seaweed, bloodworms

* Any new fish added to the tank? No

* Any medications added to the tank? No

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.treated for flukes around 9 months ago. In the 2 years I've had her, this fish has never had any issues

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Vent is enlarged, belly is hard

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Sitting in the plants for a couple of days, does come out to eat and swim around

Black chu has a very hard belly (I can't even really press it), and an enlarged vent. Other than that, she doesn't look swollen, pineconed etc. she's currently in a 10g tub with fresh primed water and an airstone.

I have;

Epsom

Aquarium salt

Metro

Kanaplex

Triple sulfa

Furan-2

Bifuran

Erythromycin

Tetracycline

Probably some other things that I never remember

Thanks guys

image.jpg1_zpsrimwbgcg.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsw1cdprup.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsdb9algbu.jpg

Edited by Lis.

Thanks Aubz :hug these female fish are such a PITA :( hoping she'll be okay tonight, I really need to go to bed but I'm trying to wait for a reply first :no:

There's some poo in her tub this morning, yes. Looks like there's a bit of sand in it too. Just checked her belly, it's still solid

Edited by Lis.

Her poop is black (food is green or brown). Looks like it may mostly be sand :rofl she never usually eats sand though - is she rebelling because I've been feeding less recently? :rofl

In all seriousness though, I will fast her and keep you uodated :)

Fed her today. Haven't seen any sand poop for the last few days, but she's still got a solid belly. Behaving normally, I'm not sure what's going on :idont

It's not as pink as it was in the first picture, but it still looks a little swollen to me. I'll try to get a picture later :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Helper

This time of year, and with that asymmetry to her belly, is it possible she could be a little eggbound instead of constipated?

She's absolutelt gorgeous, Lis! I'm sorry she is being a pain for you, however.