Are you a sucker for begging?

Jim_D

Are you a sucker for begging goldfish :feedme  or a hard ###### :pp ?

:)

It works better from my dog than my fish :P

Most days I'm gone between 9 and 6, so begging is irrelevant, but I've noticed when I do stay home like on weekends, I succumb to the begging, I think partly because I feel guilty for only feeding twice a day on the weekdays. I know, it's a bad habit, right?

It works better from my kids (chocolate mostly) than my fish.

It works better from my kids (chocolate mostly) than my fish.

That just reminded me that I have some chocolate stashed away for myself.

I think I'm usually pretty good at ignoring their begging. Feeding the fish gets the cats started and then they need either a food or attention related treat to settle back down. I think my cats have some weird mixture of curiosity and jealousy when it comes to the goldfish. They like watching them and are fascinated by water changes, but they turn into little pests when they decide I've paid enough attention to the fish and not enough to them.

I mostly ignore the begging unless it's feeding time or close to it, especially since I started feeding them three times a day. The one I give into on occasion is my sunfish. He is very charming with his begging and can convince me to give him extra treats on occasion. I think he thinks he's mastered the piscean/human mind meld.  :rofl

Absolutely! But I never give more than they're supposed to have in an entire day, if I give in to their begging in between meal times their next meal will be smaller (I feed 3x daily). 

Chelsea & Aquabubbles,I like the idea of a quota for the day/or even spread over two days. Then you can respond to the fish if you choose without feeling guilty about over feeding.