Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpoiledRotten

Goldfish Needle Felting

That makes sense though! I throw (pottery) and you worded that perfectly, I've dealt with the same thing! :)

I used to do that too. :) I loved working with red clay. It's so smooth and soft!

I'm in the process of making a few super-mini goldfish. :)

Anyone have any suggestions as to what types I should make next?

Ohh sweet! I've been wondering how these felt goldfish are made! Do you have a video on it?  ;)

I'm in the process of making a few super-mini goldfish. :)

Anyone have any suggestions as to what types I should make next?

How about a Blue Oranda.  (this is my vote:)  ) A lot of us have one/had one.........before our Blue went through a color change on us. 

Ohh sweet! I've been wondering how these felt goldfish are made! Do you have a video on it? ;)

There are plenty of YouTube tutorial videos on how to Needle Felt. :) I use those sometimes.

These are amazing Chelsea!!! :heart

I think a pearlscale would be fun to do. You could make tiny little felt balls and put them all over the fish. :D 

A pearscales would definitely be a technical challenge! It might be more work than fun, though. I think it might be fascinating to try a bubble eye.

My vote (and immediate buy!) would be either a tele and/or pearlscale :3

Well, I just about finished this big guy! Just need to work on felting the fins a bit tighter, but that won't change the look much. Here is my 16" XL Bubble Eye! I am still deciding on what to price him at. The pictures do not do the color justice. All that pale color is really a beautiful yellow-orange-cream. :heart

WP_20150603_002_zpsvahqwdjg.jpgWP_20150603_19_43_23_Pro_zpsw8vx2zzv.jpgWP_20150603_19_43_54_Pro_zpsffzpzhp1.jpgWP_20150603_19_44_36_Pro_zpsr00o8ppu.jpgWP_20150603_19_44_09_Pro_zpsnrbhoa7t.jpgWP_20150603_19_45_11_Pro_zpsgxjwj8nl.jpg

Oh wow, he is incredibly beautiful! You rose to that challenge like a champ :D

So cute! That upside down one got me, I was wondering why you gave it extra fins above its tail. :doh11:

You did a great job. :D

Thanks, guys! 

He was so not supposed to be that big! :rofl He's seriously as large as my cat.

E2Ask:

Would any of you be really interested in buying larger pieces like this? They would range between 6 and 16 inches long and anywhere between $50-$100 USD including shipping? 

Edited by ChelseaM

They all look amazing! If I had the spare money I would definitely be interested in buying large ones like that, unfortunately I don't at the moment :( I'm in love with your keychains too! 

The larger ones would be outside my budget if they were pushing $70, but we are also a single income family with lots of expenses. If I was still single I'd say that's fairly priced and probably buy a few :)

So cute! That upside down one got me, I was wondering why you gave it extra fins above its tail. :doh11:

You did a great job. :D

Jenna, you Narna! :teehee

Wow, Chelsea, you're developing some serious skills!

We don't have any money either, otherwise I'd love a Googles :heart

Thanks for the input, guys! 

:heart There will be smaller ones soon, most definitely, for a smaller price! :teehee

I would just really enjoy working in a larger scale every once in awhile. I am having so much fun making the giant ones.

I think I will be selling that one for $80.00 , which will include shipping up to $20.00 USD.

I can ship internationally. :)

Are they Justine Safe :o

I wish. They really are more display pieces than kid's toys, since you can't wash them. But they would be great decorations for a baby's room!

I wish. They really are more display pieces than kid's toys, since you can't wash them. But they would be great decorations for a baby's room!

My baby room is a cat room really :lol3

Maybe when shes alittle older :)  She has my other felt goldfish :o

My baby room is a cat room really :lol3

Maybe when shes alittle older :)  She has my other felt goldfish :o

My cat LOVES playing with my scrap felt pieces. He knows that if something doesn't work out, he gets it, so he always hangs out around me while I work.

Chelsea, these are fantastic!  You should advertise as we get closer to the holidays when people are looking for secret Santa gifts.  I think small or medium sizes in the $20-40 would sell well :)