Chocolate and food Issues

koko

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1zxqo2c_th1-1_zps8ce587f1.gif

:lol YESSS PLEASE! Bah mah tahounge nah reach!  :tonge: You are really tempting me!  First chocolate, then goldfish... How to say no to both of those delights???????

How about chocolate in the shape of a goldfish? :druel

38-107-large.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:yeah:  :please

• Admin

I make Chocolate Koi's :teehee

Really Koko?  Do you have a mould?  or do you sculpt them?  YUM!

Me's got a Koi Mold :teehee

I made them for Xmas last year... :)

Who wouldn't want a yummy, delicious, Chocolate Christmas Koi? Best gift of the Season!! :)santa  :thumbs:

Koi Chocolates sound amazing Koko.... did you flavour them or add centres?  or just straight gooooooooood chocolate?  I would love to see a photo of them if you have it.  Then I can drool from afar LOL!

• Admin

Koi Chocolates sound amazing Koko.... did you flavour them or add centres?  or just straight gooooooooood chocolate?  I would love to see a photo of them if you have it.  Then I can drool from afar LOL!

Here you go hun... In the Xmas Exchange thread...

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119749-christmas-holiday-exchange-2014-gift-reveal-d/?p=1847997

I make them in El Minto and Dark Chocolate 75-80% :druel I can make them in Milky too :)

Here you go hun... In the Xmas Exchange thread...

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119749-christmas-holiday-exchange-2014-gift-reveal-d/?p=1847997

I make them in El Minto and Dark Chocolate 75-80% :druel I can make them in Milky too :)

Oh Koko, that is so cute!  I never even thought of making a chocolate goldfish!  They look amazing!  I don't celebrate xmas, but it is so nice that you sent Fantailfan1 such a nice treat!  She would have absolutely LOVED it, as I can see by her post!  Oh, the mention of chocolate again.... makes... me ... want to reach.... for the ....   :druel    c  h  o  c  o  l  a     t        e          :teehee   I have just discovered a brand of chocolate in Australia that is sooooo amazing!  and I cant stop eating it!  Its dangerous to have it in the house!

I am liking your site more and more.  I feel so much more confident dealing with my fish and their problems than I did before.  And it is so lovely to be 'surrounded' by such competent and supportive peoples.... and their fish!  Thankyou so much for creating and supporting such a wonderful website!  It makes the world of difference to me (and I think my fish will agree!)!  Thankyou Koko!    :hug  :flowers

• Admin

Oh Dont tell me about Aussie Chocolate :druel... They got one that is so so good....Cherry Ripes... Oh my... Chocolate with Coconut and a hint of Cherries.... Oh Oh..... Excuse me while I cry cause I have none :cry And I just saw your in Aussie... :wa

Oh the other Hand I can make the Koi's anytime..... If you want some Let me know :)

Well Im so glad you like it here hun... It was my goal years ago to make a place where everyone is welcome and we can all have fun wile trying to help each other with fish.... :)

Oh Dont tell me about Aussie Chocolate :druel... They got one that is so so good....Cherry Ripes... Oh my... Chocolate with Coconut and a hint of Cherries.... Oh Oh..... Excuse me while I cry cause I have none :cry And I just saw your in Aussie... :wa

Oh the other Hand I can make the Koi's anytime..... If you want some Let me know :)

Well Im so glad you like it here hun... It was my goal years ago to make a place where everyone is welcome and we can all have fun wile trying to help each other with fish.... :)

I KNOW... they are soooooo yummy.  Koko, my Dad is flying from Sydney AUS into LA US in about a months time.  Do you want me to see if I can get some Cherry Ripes to you somehow?  I don't know if they will let them through with him or not, but I will ask him to see what he says, and if he has room for them in his luggage.  My step sister lives in LA with her husband, and they are having their first bub.  So my Dad and my wonderful stepmother are going over about the time the bub is due... I'm not exactly sure of the dates, but I'll check on them for you if you are interested?

I KNOW... they are soooooo yummy.  Koko, my Dad is flying from Sydney AUS into LA US in about a months time.  Do you want me to see if I can get some Cherry Ripes to you somehow?  I don't know if they will let them through with him or not, but I will ask him to see what he says, and if he has room for them in his luggage.  My step sister lives in LA with her husband, and they are having their first bub.  So my Dad and my wonderful stepmother are going over about the time the bub is due... I'm not exactly sure of the dates, but I'll check on them for you if you are interested?

I would absolutely love a Koko Koi!  but I have a lot of diet restrictions, so I would need to see the ingredients of the chocolate before I knew if I can eat it or not.  I can have dark chocolate, but it cannot have any added flavouring, colouring, or preservatives.  The only flavouring I can tolerate is vanilla.  If it is too difficult to get chocolate for me it is ok, I completely understand.  I have enough trouble finding things I can eat, I would not ask anyone else to scour the countryside to find something I could eat.

I am salicylate intolerant, and if I have something that has salicylates in it I have a 24-48hr high (words slurring, cant think straight, cant walk a straight line, really loud, talk a lot, get very giggly and silly, hurt myself a lot, co-ordination goes out of the window, my brain races, my heart races, I get restless legs and panic attacks) and then I get 6-8 weeks of suicidal depression (which scares my husband out of his wits) along with lots of very big panic attacks.  So I really have to be careful. 

• Admin

I totally understand... I cant have any kind of forums of MSG or I get extreme migraines, cant hear, cant see and very sick to my stomach... TD is Gluten intolerant too... So we have a very interesting eating habits :teehee...

Let me go and look hun. :)

• Admin

Oh hun you dont have too..... We havent eaten Chocolate in a long time as I get Restless legs from it... I even stopped drinking Blended Moca's :(

I totally understand... I cant have any kind of forums of MSG or I get extreme migraines, cant hear, cant see and very sick to my stomach... TD is Gluten intolerant too... So we have a very interesting eating habits :teehee...

Oh Thankyou!  I am gluten intolerant too!  When I go out to eat all that I can have is hot chips, unless I can get a baked potato with sour cream and cheese... people look at you funny when you tell them you are allergic to heaps of veges... and the only thing I can have salad wise is lettuce.... certainly makes for a dull salad!  Though I do find the intolerance has made me more inventive... wether others like my inventions is still up for debate!  For instance I love a salad made from lettuce, fresh pear pealed, grated cheese and light sour cream.  Sometimes if I am feeling decadent I add a sprinkling of crushed potato chips (paket kind, like smiths chips?)

typo... opps.... packet!

Edited by Ree

Oh hun you dont have too..... We havent eaten Chocolate in a long time as I get Restless legs from it... I even stopped drinking Blended Moca's :(

Oh no!  a life without chocolate!  :cry   I have found that I am ok if I mix my own drinking chocolate, just cocoa and icing sugar (powdered sugar). 

Do you also have trouble with red wine?  and do you get itchy skin too?

Edited by Ree

How am I just seeing this now?  :o  And who ate all my chocolate koi?  :peeka

If my life didn't involve chocolate I'd probably be a size 2.  :rofl3

mmmmmm, I think I have the same issue.  I used to tell my mum that underneath all of me is a size 10 figure (not sure what that equates to in US), but I was too modest and kept it well covered!

So do you still eat chocolate?  If I sent the cherry ripes, would they make you sick?

Do you have issues with other foods too?

• Admin

Oh Thankyou!  I am gluten intolerant too!  When I go out to eat all that I can have is hot chips, unless I can get a baked potato with sour cream and cheese... people look at you funny when you tell them you are allergic to heaps of veges... and the only thing I can have salad wise is lettuce.... certainly makes for a dull salad!  Though I do find the intolerance has made me more inventive... wether others like my inventions is still up for debate!  For instance I love a salad made from lettuce, fresh pear pealed, grated cheese and light sour cream.  Sometimes if I am feeling decadent I add a sprinkling of crushed potato chips (paket kind, like smiths chips?)

typo... opps.... packet!

Oh I understand, the things I have to come up with for me and TD sometimes is very hard....We had nachos for the first time in a long time and it was kinda bland as we cant have hot sauce cause of the tomato paste... :(

But we have found alot of good frozen gluten free stuff. :thumbs:

The reason I ask about the red wine, and the itchy skin is that there is a chemical called amines, I don't know if you have heard of them in reference to food intolerances or not, and reactions to them are similar to what you are describing and in chocolate!  There are lots of foods they are in, and some people have a high tolerance, and others have a low tolerance. 

• Admin

Oh no!  a life without chocolate!  :cry   I have found that I am ok if I mix my own drinking chocolate, just cocoa and icing sugar (powdered sugar). 

Do you also have trouble with red wine?  and do you get itchy skin too?

Wine makes me sick.... I get head aches and very tired from it. :(

I miss more of my chocolate chip cookies :(