Anubias, Java Fern and 0.3% Salt?

jmetzger72

I am planning to do a 0.3% salt treatment on all of my tanks as I suspect a parasite may have slipped through a quarantine.  My question is if anyone has experience using 0.3% salt with Anubias and Java Fern?  Did the plants die, decline, survive or do well?

Hi Jared,  I don't think they will do good in salt.  I had a small anubias plant in with Jersey Boy the beginning of his qt period and within a couple of weeks the plant started looking terrible.  If I remember correctly I think it turned into a darker color, shrunk, and it looked like it was burned almost.   I ended up throwing it away.

I had two experiences with plants and salt.  One was bad--I lost everything.  The other had the plants yellowing but they made it through okay.  I think Jenna QTs all of her fish with java fern/anubias, and they get through the salt fine.  She would likely be a great person to ask. :D

I don't know Jared, but you looked lonely here all by yourself so I thought I'd just comment :P

:tomuch:

I read Jared's post, went :hmm , :idont  then clicked on outta here.  :whistle

:rofl

That's the difference between you and me, you have enough sense to know when to back away :rofl3