Sign in to follow this  
Kate89

Kate's first fry

Yay Stephen!  And gosh your fish are lovely!

Woohoo Stephen's in with the big guys but you know what that means... It's time for a bigger tank :D

Look at Stephen! It's so cool to see him in with the adults. :)

It's great after seeing him as a teeny tiny egg now swimming with the adults! He seems to be really enjoying the swimming space, he's so zippy 

Yay Stephen!  And gosh your fish are lovely!

Thanks Susanne :) The fish are thriving this Summer. They've been spawning at least once a fortnight and are not looking too bad for it! 

Woohoo Stephen's in with the big guys but you know what that means... It's time for a bigger tank :D

It's in the pipeline... we're moving house in a couple of weeks so once we're settled I'll get the wheels in motion  :lol2

Yay Stephen! He got so big, so fast! :clapping: They're all looking fantastic.

Now Stephen is in the big tank, Small Fry is very pleased to have the whole fry tub to himself... well... not quite all to himself...  :whistle

Edited by Kate89

Small fry and smaller fries :)

Small fry and smaller fries :)

:lol

Small Fry is still very small for his age... and quite transparent... but is starting to get some lovely patches of pigment. I do hope he makes it to adulthood.

Love those new patches of color!

He looks very nice, and his color coming in looks quite nice too. 

Stephen is growing so quickly in the big tank!! He's going to be massive if he continues growing at this rate!! 

Small Fry on the other hand is still very small

Two very cute babies.  Stephen looks like he fits in really well with the rest of your crew and I can see the excitement in Small Fry just waiting to join the others soon :).  Nice job!

Hi guys, not updated this thread in a while so thought I'd let you know what's going on.

Small fry was being kept in a fry hatchery in the big tank, but unfortunately I came home one day to find that the hatchery had been knocked off the side of the tank and Small Fry was nowhere to be seen, so I can only assume he'd been eaten.

We recently moved house and the new batch of teeny fry didn't survive the move particularly well, and the remaining ones I decided to euthanise as I just didn't have enough time to devote to them. The fish are still spawning every fortnight but I'm resisting the urge to raise anymore fry as with moving house and starting a new job I just don't have enough time to do a good job of it at the moment.

In other news, Stephen, the nymph fry who was from my first batch of fry back in April, has been in the big tank for a few months now and is growing like a weed!! Here's a video of him with the big guys, please excuse the state of the tank, it's looking a bit bare as we're planning on upgrading soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about Small Fry.

Stephen is huge now! Being in the tank with the grown-ups is agreeing with him.

Just got caught up on this thread.  I was wondering if you'd mind just sending all your fish to me?  :tomuch:

They are gorgeous!  My Waldo was Stephen's color for a long time then eventually turned to a yellow orange color.  :D  I wonder if Stephen will.  :idont

Sorry to hear about Small Fry.  :hug

Thanks guys :D I'm really pleased with how Stephen has turned out

Just got caught up on this thread.  I was wondering if you'd mind just sending all your fish to me?  :tomuch:

They are gorgeous!  My Waldo was Stephen's color for a long time then eventually turned to a yellow orange color.  :D  I wonder if Stephen will.  :idont

Sorry to hear about Small Fry.  :hug

Only if I can come with them, I could do with a holiday!! :lol

Yeh I would like him to stay that nice brown/chocolate fry colour, I've been wanting a chocolate oranda for a while so it was a nice surprise to end up with a fry that colour. Anyway we'll see, he's getting a little white belly now so maybe he's changing.