Planted Tank Planning

LouiseAnn

Oh I had waaay more plants than I thaught lol! Now I still have to finish the cabinetry, organise the lighting properly with timers, organise the air hoses, let her cycle for a while and let the plants settle. The main plants are anchored well so they wont be up rooted. However the thinner ones only grew tiny roots in the tub. I kinda always assumed the thinner plants would get eaten. At least they are cheep and easily replaced.

Oh it looks fantastic!!! Those rocks are amazing too, I really want to toss the driftwood and copy you now! :rofl

????????thank you! Its been so fun ???? now i cant wait to finish staining her and getting the hood in place.

Its so tempting to just put the fish in now.

That looks really cool. I love your plants and design.  I hope your fish do also and leave it all alone. :)  Do you just have the one sponge filter or more and with any other filtration?  I have two Hydro V sponges in my 60g with an aqua clear 110 and liking it a lot.  Louise, I was checking something else out earlier and was punching in some numbers,...I think your tank is almost a 100g.  That's such a great, big, size.  You fish are going to love it.  

Yeah ???? its bigger than me ???? I will have two aqua one filters going... both 2500 lph. I also have a sump I'm concidering using... might look into one of those external filters taht are more of an aquaponic set up... would be nice to have plants on the outside too ????

This is a fun thread to come see what's new with your tank.  How many fish do you have now?  Is this the only tank that you'll have running?

Yeah I have a small tropical tank with tetras but the 4ft will be getting sold hopefully. I might take a video soon

Eeeep babies are in! My tank is filthy. Addin the bags 9f crushed coral and the big bag of seeded media made the water cloudy. The fish have juststarted to explore after the initial OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED stress of being in new surroundings, current and water.

I'll take a proper video when the tank is clean the hood is on and the secind filter is in place

Quick video from my mobile of the fish just after freaking out about being moved. First look at the plants.

Your tank looks awesome. Your fish cabinet is beautiful also.   You did a gorgeous job executing your design.  Your fish look great swimming in their new home. 

Thank you everyone. Its really been fun to finally plan a tank from scratch and not have to do it slowly.

And having you guys to share it with makes it soooo much better