Big scare with my mom tonight! Off to Hospital....

Fish Of Gold

Well my mom wasn't acting quite right and was saying things that were weird.

Well I just got back from my mom's. My mom lives on the same block as me and my sister just brought her a hamburger and  when my sis got there my mom wasn't making any sense to her so she ran over and came and got me. When I got there she was talking about things that were strange and she couldn't answer my sister when she asked who she was. She couldn't remember her name or mine. But then after a few minutes she was fine again talking normal and didn't remember saying weird things to us. She then remembered us again.

But she says she is starting to get a headache and feels super tired now. But refuses to have the ambulance called.....So then after we discussed it my Fiance and I are now going to drive her up to the emergency department then. At least she will get there anyway. They may want to keep her for observation I'm guessing. My sister went to get her medications and find a baby sitter for her kids and meet us up there a bit later. Ugh, I don't feel too well myself and keep coughing a lot, but I have to do this. They will probably make me wear a face mask thingy in the ER because who knows what sickness I have myself.

Thing is that she does have other things wrong with her already that I never told any of you yet. That is, my mom got lung cancer that spread to her brain in less than a month's time. She and I just were getting over a bad cold last year but her cough never went away after a whole month. So she went to see the Doctor and said she has a fast growing cancer in her lungs that has already spread to her brain. From thinking it was still just a lingering cough from her cold to being told it was Cancer. She was diagnosed with these cancers last Spring. So it has been a year, and she wasn't supposed to make it even 6 more weeks last year. Guess she has been lucky so far to make it a year now. But that is why we are on our way to the hospital now because we have no idea why she was acting this way, even though she seems fine now.

Wish us lots of luck!!

Thanks everyone! :grouphug

Well she is not going to stay in the hospital tonight. My sister will spend the night with her at mom's to keep an eye on her. I headed off to home because I'm coughing too much and spreading germs and all that around. So my sis will fill me in later after talking to the doctor and may just need a follow up with her family dr and oncologist tomorrow. Confusing really, seems like she was bad enough to stay in the hospital, but doing so well now. Guess that is a good thing though she can be home with my sis and I'm just around the corner so to speak. Well it is good that she will be home with my sis there to watch over her.

Let you know more tomorrow and hope everything will be OK.

I am sorry your mum is sick.  Have you heard any more news from the doctor?  It sounds like her doctor who diagnosed her caught on quickly to what was going on last time.  Hopefully this time will be just as on the ball!  Hope you feel better soon too!  :tou

I haven't seen my mom and sister yet today. May have went in to the clinic today, I don't know. She said she will call me with any info, or if things get bad again.

So I guess hopfully no news is good news like they say