New 55g tank for Kaji

MT28

My 36 gallon tank started leaking last week, so I used it as an excuse to get a 55g off of craigslist. My comet, Kaji, was hesitant about exploring his new home at first, but now loves it! I'm thinking about replacing the fake plants with live ones at some point. I've attached some pics, although the quality is not that good. Question: how does everyone take such beautiful photos? 

d57e726116b327b716e6a8713c9b8a4b.jpgf78e024865e49bd11fa6c7b078b457cf.jpg1a8e852ec952b8898b84244a819a0fcf.jpg

What a great excuse to get a bigger tank.  Sorry for the leak though.  Your fish has lots of room to swim in his bigger home now.  

You might want to try taking your photo's next time with the blinds closed so you don't get that glare coming in.  Some members take photo's in the evening with all the lights off except for the tank lights.

Awesome! What a gorgeous fish. :heart

Like 4prettyfish said, if you take the pictures at night with the lights off, it helps wonders. Also if your phone or camera has lots of settings, I always found that when using the highest ISO my pictures always came out a little better. :)

Thanks everyone! Closing the blinds and turning off the lights is a great tip--I will definitely try it next time!

Koko's has helped me so much-- I would never have realized that a comet like Kaji can grow so big and needs so much space along with varied food, large water changes etc. if it weren't for the amazing people here. I remember the first time I posted here Kaji was 3", had fin rot, his tank was full of gravel, I only changed 30% of the water a week and he was being underfed. Now he's really thriving and I'm so grateful!

Thanks everyone! Closing the blinds and turning off the lights is a great tip--I will definitely try it next time!

Koko's has helped me so much-- I would never have realized that a comet like Kaji can grow so big and needs so much space along with varied food, large water changes etc. if it weren't for the amazing people here. I remember the first time I posted here Kaji was 3", had fin rot, his tank was full of gravel, I only changed 30% of the water a week and he was being underfed. Now he's really thriving and I'm so grateful!

How big is he now?  He looks like a good size in his new 55 home. :)

How big is he now?  He looks like a good size in his new 55 home. :)

Thanks! He's about 8" altogether, 5.5" body and 2.5" tail. And he's about a year and a half old, so I think he's actually a little small for a comet. I'm hoping this tank will give him the room to grow bigger!