Loud canister filter

I just bought an APS 2000ef for my 45g tank and set it up but it's really noisy. It's like a constant vibration sound coming from the filter head. I've tried taking the impeller out then putting it back in and priming the filter again but it just stays loud. Any idea how to fix this?

I just bought an APS 2000ef for my 45g tank and set it up but it's really noisy. It's like a constant vibration sound coming from the filter head. I've tried taking the impeller out then putting it back in and priming the filter again but it just stays loud. Any idea how to fix this?

Is the impeller rattling?  If so, it may just need a few weeks to break in and get slimed up :idont

• Helper

You may also try tipping your anister forward and backward, then side to side. Mine was running really load and it turned out it was trapped air bubbles interfering with proper pumping and pressure. It went back to almost silent after that. And yes, do fill the media trays sufficiently!