• * Ammonia Level(Tap)0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)8.0/Kh 7drops
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)7.4/1drop
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?API Master/drops
      • * Water temperature?.74
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40B, about a year
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?  Aqueon quietflow 55/75, two of them
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? At least 80%, 1X a week, sometimes I do another one randomly midweek.
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?80%3 days ago(4/14)before that 4/9(5 days)
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?4, Gumdrop(chu)1 1/2in., PB(redcap) almost 3in.,but thin, Chicklet(fancy, possible oranda)3in, hefty, much bigger than PB, Jujubes(oranda)2 1/2-3in., hefty
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?Prime,baking soda, recently added koi clay
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Daily NLS, 1mm, have 3mm, but they don't seem to care for it as much. NLS Thera+A 'a sprinkling' daily, occasionally Omega One supercolor cichlid pellets & Hikari Lionhead, bloodworms 1x's a week. Used to feed Hikari purple bag, but 2 (gummy&juju seemed to get a little floaty and Chicklet would bottom sit.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Prazi
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. All fish were quarantined in a 10g for salt and at least 2 rounds of Prazi and a 3rd round was done when added to the main tank. 
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? S/he has a little bump on her/his side I noticed the day before yesterday, but thought I was seeing things, when I took a pic, you couldn't even tell, but today it was white and obviously 'sticking out'. I thought there was another one on the other side, but it's not protruding as much and not white and I don't think you can see it in the vid below. I just noticed the other day that Juju and PB are missing part of their back fins. I posted about juju having a broken fin a few weeks ago and that is where hers(?) is broken off. It made me look at the other 2 and I'm pretty sure a piece is missing off Gumdrop's back fin, but it's hard to tell. They don't look frayed to me, just missing. Last night while watching them, Chicklet had Gummy's side fin in his mouth. I don't know if he was trying to eat it or what. 
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? He always swam a little 'crooked' because he has a kink in his tail, but he always managed to get around fine. Recently, he seemed to be struggling, you will see in the vid. He even got stuck to the intake on the filter for a second yesterday(but so did Jujube) They all have been eating normally.

He has been struggling  for the last couple days. Last night, he seemed to be floating toward the surface a lot more than normal. When I got the vid, it was scary how he kept getting swept away by the current. I've had the 2 Aqueon 55/75 going on this tank for almost the whole time I've had it. Everyone seemed to be ok. A little less than 2 weeks ago, I added 2  chunks of driftwood. (they has soaked in Primed water for roughly a month) But, I noticed the tannins in the water and did a wc, 2 days early. One of the filters stopped working and they went almost 2 days with one filter. Could they have gotten so used the slower current that fast?  Jujubes has been 'rolling' around more than normal too. Both Gummy and Juju have been wedging themselves between the anubias. I don't know if they normally do that to sleep or what, but I never noticed it before. I was just thinking  that I needed to a prazi treatment soon, when I noticed the missing fins. It must have been pretty recently that that happened, surely I would have noticed. :(  I hope the vid is clear enough to be able to tell what I am tanking about. 

Gumdrop is now in  the 10g quarantine tank with an airstone and a small anubias. I have a small filter coming tomorrow. I haven't added salt or anything yet. When I got home from work, I couldn't see the white spot, but that might be the light. He also was getting around much better. Everyone only got peas today.  Oh, I was giving them the 3mm NLS pellets more this past week, because Chicklet and Jujubes are so much bigger. Gummy got a little floaty last time he had some, so maybe the combo of the pellets, the fin and the current? But, there IS the bump...Hope someone can help, please and thank you!

Peach Blossom's missing fin, I have a feeling it's been that way for awhile. :(

I have canning and epsom salts, prazi, metro meds, medi-gold, pro gold and jump start, api ick cure and nls hexshield. I had others, but they expired and were thrown out. I can go to Petsmart/Petco tomorrow, anything else will have to be ordered. (I do have Amazon Prime)

Thanks, guys. Did 100%wc today and only fed peas. From looking around the internet, it looks like it might only be a pimple, but I don't know. I think maybe I should start a round of prazi or two. Any advice?

Edited by TikiLola

I would recommend stopping the 3mm pellets. I feed my guys 1-1.5mm pellets at most. The 3mm, like you saw causes floatiness.

Have you seen him poop latwly? To me, I honestly think he's just very "stuffed" try fasting him for a day or two.

Those appear to be cysts. There is nothing you can really do about them, they just need to pop on there own. When they pop, that's where we step in. I believe it is .1% salt once it pops to prevent infection.

If you prazi, make sure to remove any snails as prazi kills snails.

Edited by Mikey

I would recommend stopping the 3mm pellets. I feed my guys 1-1.5mm pellets at most. The 3mm, like you saw causes floatiness.

Have you seen him poop latwly? To me, I honestly think he's just very "stuffed" try fasting him for a day or two.

Those appear to be cysts. There is nothing you can really do about them, they just need to pop on there own. When they pop, that's where we step in. I believe it is .1% salt once it pops to prevent infection.

Thank you Mikey! He is in quarantine at the moment. I'll just keep changing the water until it pops and then salt.  canning salt/epsom/aquarium salt? He has a long green dancing-poop.gifcoming out right now!dancing-poop.gif

What do you think about the missing fins? Not only on Gumdrop, but on Peach Blossom and Jujubes as well? :hmm

Can you tell any of their sexes from the vid? :whistle

Thank you Mikey! He is in quarantine at the moment. I'll just keep changing the water until it pops and then salt. canning salt/epsom/aquarium salt? He has a long green dancing-poop.gifcoming out right now!dancing-poop.gif

What do you think about the missing fins? Not only on Gumdrop, but on Peach Blossom and Jujubes as well? :hmm

Can you tell any of their sexes from the vid? :whistle

lets hold off on salt until a mod comes by :). But I do think he needs to be fasted :teehee

I'm not quite sure about the fins. I'm stumped in that. Is there anything in the tank they can tear them on?

Let me take. A look at the video again :teehee

Can't tell the sexes. :( I would need clear shots of the pectoral fins and then I might be able to tell. I want to say gumdrop is a girl and then oh wow. I can't tell who's who :rofl I don't know if that was jujubes or chicklet in that video. I want to say it was jujubes. But I'm thinking possible male.

I would fill your tank up all the way :peeka it will help with the flow and them being pushed around and all.

With wc's, I usually fill it to the bottom of the black edge. It evaporates pretty fast. I only did a wc a few days ago and it's already an inch below that line.I just added a piece of swimming pool noodle to one filter, but it doesn't seem to be going much slower.

I think I might do a smallish wc and take out 2 of the airstones. (There are 4 running on a pump for 60)

I also got some black felt to make filter socks for the intakes.

Don't you think filter socks and buffering the water coming out affects the gph? :(

The fathead is Jujubes. Chicklet is the one zooming around. 

Chicklet is the only one who chases.

I added 2 decent size chunks of driftwood recently, but I think their fins were gone before that. 

I've been feeding Gumdrop a pea a day. I won't feed her anything today.

I agree with Mikey.  It looks like a bacterial cyst to me.  0.1% salt is usually all you need.  And the way s/he is swimming, I'd say it's time for a good fasting.  :o  I still feed small NLS pellets and my fish are up to 130+ g.  :idont

I hope your fish feels better soon.  I'd break up those large pellets.  My pellets are too big for my (tropical fish) celestial pearl danio fish and what I do is put some in a paper towel and gently hammer them into smaller pieces.

100%wc today and still haven't fed her, so today is day 3 with no food. She's still floaty, but not as much. How many days is it ok to NOT feed. I need to try and get another vid, The white spot looks to be going down, but there is no light on the tank, it's hard to tell. 

Going to do another 100%wc tomorrow. I think I'll take the light off the 40B an use it on the Q tank for pics.

~~~~~~

I went back and looked at older vids. I noticed Jujubes broken fin/ray at the end of February and in the vid, you can see PeachBlossom's missing fin. :blush:

I think she made an effort to swim around yesterday. She spent last night and this morning like this.

Looks like the cyst is gone though. Can they be reabsorbed? It doesn't look like it broke open and drained.

Been in qt since the 18th, today is the 22nd. Had a pea on the 18th, nothing since.

Going to do another 100%wc (did one yesterday afternoon)

Haven't added anything to the tank yet.

Thinking I should add salt, advise please. ty

Also got a small filter a couple days ago, but don't want to use it because any kind of current doesn't seem like a good idea right now.

She does like going into the bubble flow from the airstone occasionally though.

The cysts can reabsorb.  :D

Why do you think she needs salt?  :idont

Is she pooping?  Is she always so round?  :peeka  

If you want to feed, I'd feed very lightly and go with bloodworms or red leaf lettuce if she would eat that . . . .

How does her belly feel?

The cysts can reabsorb.  :D

Why do you think she needs salt?  :idont

Is she pooping?  Is she always so round?  :peeka  

If you want to feed, I'd feed very lightly and go with bloodworms or red leaf lettuce if she would eat that . . . .

How does her belly feel?

Salt....I don't know, I guess I feel like I need to do something...but if you feel she doesn't need it, I won't do it.

I didn't think she pooped since last wc, but when I dumped the tank, I did see about an inch long green poo.

Yeah, she's always been round. She always looked like she was going to pop, even when I just got her(at less than 4g) I think that's one of the things that drew me to her.(and the kink in her tail of course)

Her belly isn't hard. But, I didn't squeeze her, just pressed gently.

I was going to give everyone bloodworms tonight in celebration of the new additions, so I'm glad she can have some.

I don't think technically she's been totally fasted. She's been nibbling on the anubias' roots.

Gave her some bloodworms last night.She was happy! I'm going to watch for her dancing-poop.gif

Not going to feed her again until I see some.dancing-poop.gif

Gosh, she is so tiny :heart: compared to the new guys!

Going to do another 100%wc and another 50-80 on the 40b.

It's going to be hard to NOT spend the whole day just  :fishtank:

Edited by TikiLola

This is from Thursday or Friday:

I've been doing 100%wc every day.(except I did miss one at the beginning) She was basically acting like the above, the whole time.Until this morning. :( She just stayed in the top corner. Didn't wiggle at me for food like she usually does. Did a 100%wc and when I put her back in, she went right back to that spot. I had to go out and just got back now and it doesn't seem like she moved from the corner. :(