Big Red bottom sitting. Looking miserable

Big Red has been bottom sitting the last two days, ever since I did a waterchange. The other two are absolutely fine. I'm not sure whether this is her swimbladder or that she's shut again and having trouble. No raised scales yet and I hope it doesn't go there.

She perks up when I come to the tank and the others get excited.

I'm currently in the process of setting up a qt for her. I was thinking of adding a bit of Epsom salt. But don't want to anything until told.

My bf parents are coming tomorrow and we are having a bit tidy up.

But right after I'll gill out the question form.

Good morning guys. Had to go to bed. It got quite late.

Yes she does have a bump like you described. She wasn't pooping much but I ended up giving her a pea with Epsom and it got things moving.

She was quite active yesterday in qt.

This morning she's reactive to me bit when I'm not at the tank will hover over the floor with her back a little raised. Smthg she did do last time.

• Admin

If Im seeing right... Red looks like she might dropies.... Can you do me a favor and get a Top view.... Try to get as close as you can and a shot from butt to front... I want to make sure but it sure looks like she might....

Hi Koko. I will take a picture and a photo as soon as I'm hone. Currently at work.

Her scales have a very slight raise. But this might be because she has a bump protruding. It's definitely not as bad as last time when she was 100% dropsied. I'll be adding the Epsom to the water tonight. And I do have antibiotics on hand. I'll do water tests and send you a lust of my meds as soon as I get home.

I'm pretty sure she is a female. In fact I believe someone on the forum told me. No she has never laid eggs but is nearly 4 years old now.

My colleague kept her in a tiny bowl before she gave her to me. So I believe she might be stunted and might have trouble with eggs. 

I have metroplex, kanaplex and triple sulfa on hand.

I think the proactive thing to do would be to move her to a QT tank and start the Metroplex and the Kanaplex.  It would help to have those form answers when you get a chance :)