My sweet Topaz

Hidr

I think she is quite beautiful........but I will have to see more pictures to be certain!! :teehee

I think she is quite beautiful........but I will have to see more pictures to be certain!! :teehee

Yes! This ^^ :teehee absolutely right :P

Oops, shoulda scrolled down :peeka

She's a cutie :)

Does she make a crazy amount of noise? :o

Not for me. But some people can't take the sounds of budgie and I love them.  A group of Quakers can be very loud.  But I just have three so not that big a deal.  And I have a bird room.

• 4 weeks later...

Only 8.  You have time for two more.

Then again I have 10 but not all are tame.  Only have four tame ones.  I have a pair of blue quaker breeders. I have a retired peach front conure breeder I got from a breeder that didn't want to keep it cause it is old.  I got a parrotlet without a partner and a budgie without a partner.

Then I have my pets.  Joey my red lored amazon.  He is around 30 years old. I have had him for about 12 years.  My blue quaker.  And two Cuques(sp). Twitter is my husbands and Scooter is mine.

I also have a blue indian ring neck I want to tame again but not having any luck. He is almost three years old. But he is so mean.  He was tame. I raised him from a day old.  But then my Dad got sick and he went 8 months with little to no attention and now he is no longer tame.

Edited by Hidr

I also have a blue indian ring neck I want to tame again but not having any luck. He is almost three years old. But he is so mean.  He was tame. I raised him from a day old.  But then my Dad got sick and he went 8 months with little to no attention and now he is no longer tame.

You can get him back, he just reverted. Find a treat he loves and work with him each day slowly, I have an IRN who was crazy. Day by day little by little he same back, sorry to hear about your dad.

Ya he loves peanuts. I give him some by hand every day. He still yanks them from my hand like I might try to touch him.  I may have to catch him with a towel.  Take him to the bathroom and give him treats there but I just hate that idea.  For one thing I don't want to force for another I don't want to get bit.

Toweling and catching are bad, let him so things oh his own. Maybe you should get his wings clipped. You have to do this step by step. No forcing to do anything, just do things with treats on his terms but work with him ever day. You can do it, I know you can, I was in the hospital for 8 months and I had to slowly work with my parrots again. So I know it can be done, good luck.

I think I will clip his wings.  But until he stops lunging at me not much point in it. IRN are hard to keep tame and hard to tame. He is the only pet bird that did not stay tame while I was taking care of my dad.  It has been 9 months since Daddy passed and I still can't touch him.