10 gallon Tropical!

Josie

Here are some pics of my new 10 gallon tropical tank.  I have about one million plants in there now :greenbanana: The big white molly is the star of my tank!

yI7yU26.jpg

rIyvICX.jpg

n2CTLua.jpg

WOW!! What a beautiful tank full of tropicals! :thud You did a fantastic job with the plants and decorating it so wonderfully ;)

WOW!! What a beautiful tank full of tropicals! :thud You did a fantastic job with the plants and decorating it so wonderfully ;)

Wow!  That looks fantastic  :clapping:

Very nice, you sure packed a lot of nice aquascaping into your 10 gallon!

Thanks everyone!  This tank was meant to be for my betta, but things didn't work out with Mr Betta having any tank mates so....betta got his own private tank and now I have a tropical tank :)  I got too excited on plantedaquariumscentral.com and even after stuffing this 10 to the brim with plants and giving some plants to the betta, I still had a bunch left over to add to my goldfish tank LOL

Hooray for mollies! That tank looks amazing. :)

OMG!!!!  You have the exact same molly as me, I had never seen a pure white one before I got mine.  That is so exciting!  Mine is a male and he is the only molly, but he has female platy companions LOL.  Everyone gets along great in my tank so far :)

Beautiful tank!

Thanks!

Great looking tank! Are you just using plant lights or are you running CO2? The plants look so healthy! 

Thank you!  A lot of the plants are new so I can't take the credit for them being healthy LOL!  I am using the cheapo marineland LEDs from Petsmart, plus one of their hidden strip LEDs.  I am going to try this tank without CO2 and ferts, as I have three heavily planted tanks now and I would like to keep my cost of maintenance as low as possible.  I am a little overstocked on this tank so I am hoping the extra fish will help fertilize the plants :)  I was also careful to order only plants that were in the "beginner" category and can live in a variety of light and water quality situations.

It's beautiful, you've done a great job! :) Have you considered any moss on the driftwood?

Thank you!  I would like to put some flame moss, not sure yet if I want to put some on the wood or try a carpet.  The hairgrass I had previously didn't go well, then some of my fish got sick so I took out all the substrate to make it easier to treat them and the hairgrass came with it LOL!  Luckily everyone lived except for one neon tetra, and I am glad I ripped this tank apart because I think it looks better than ever  :happydance

Wow, thank you everyone for the compliments :)  I guess my work really paid off.  I thought I would just make a list of all the plants I have in my tank:

-Anubias (4 different species)

-Amazon Sword

-Java Fern (normal and windelov)

-Wisteria

-Water Sprite

-Marble Queen Radican

-Telanthera Rosefolia (my favorite)

-Narrow Leaf Temple

-Crimun Calamistratum

-Moneywort

-Pigmy Chain Sword (narrow leaf)

-Italian Vals

-Bacopia Carolina

-Crypt Parva

-Creeping Charlie

-Brazilian Pennywort (I love this plant too)

-Microsword

-Banana Plant

-Red Dwarf Lily (on the right side, they aren't tall enough to see yet)

There were a few other things I wanted, like flame moss, but the place I ordered from was out of stock.  Once I see how everything grows I may thing about adding flame moss or more of the microsword.

Just cleaned the tank and took some pictures.  All of the plants are doing well, and I think after a week of being planted the plants are looking a little fuller.  I also took close ups of my two favorite fish, which proved difficult.  They are so much faster than goldfish LOL.

3WvByBO.jpg

0qRZq1C.jpg

p2N5Jmc.jpg

oKmn32m.jpg