Sign in to follow this  
Fish Of Gold

Lone Survivor Betta gets new home :)

Well only one Betta survived out of the 3 that were in the QT tank. RIP Whisper and Ester.

Here is Lilly the lone survivor  :) She is finally out of the QT tank and into her very own 5 gallon Hexagon tank. I sure didn't want to put her back into the 30 gallon again where all of the Bettas got sick in the first place! She is loving her new home sweet home :D

102_4493.jpg

What a lucky betta!  I love the females, I feel like they are so underrated!

It took me a minute to see her ;) was blending in with the plant :teehee

So pretty :heart

What a lucky betta!  I love the females, I feel like they are so underrated!

Oh yes I love the Female Bettas! I also love my Male Betta, Dreamer too, and all my previous male Bettas that I had over the years, but I have always had a soft spot for the Female Bettas. A lot of the females are cheaper too ;)

It took me a minute to see her ;) was blending in with the plant :teehee

So pretty :heart

LOL Yeah she is playing "Where's Waldo...er, Where's Lilly" :teehee

Think I'll try to get a night time pic too ;)

I always see these amazing female bettas at my LFS and I think...why did I NEED a male LOL

Night Time picture of Lilly staring intently at a purple leaf like she is trying to figure out what it is :rofl then she continued on exploring.

Maybe she thought it was her friend Ester that was in QT with her. Lilly would always lay right next to Ester on the bottom of the tank because Ester couldn't swim any more. Whenever I walked into the room Lilly would come see me, but then she would always go back down to lay with Ester again. I never seen any of my female Bettas be so bonded like that. Lilly didn't do that with Whisper in the QT tank. Poor Lilly probably misses Ester.

102_4496%202.jpg

Night Time picture of Lilly staring intently at a purple leaf like she is trying to figure out what it is :rofl then she continued on exploring.

I love that about bettas, how they're quiet and contemplative and can move around the tank so serenely. Very zen fish. :)

Your description of Lilly's behavior with Esther is unbelievably sweet. Sisterhood!

Looks awesome :D And she is beautiful

She's lovely! :D

I've always had a soft spot for female bettas too. I don't know what it is about them that I like, but some are properly stunning.

I'm sorry about your two betta losses.

Lilly is beautiful and I love her color.  Tank looks great also.